News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally the sound of a V8!!

Started by carsnguitars, April 17, 2013, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carsnguitars

Well thought share progress on my charger. Engine was siezed and car sat since 80s.
I tor it apart in Jan. Its been bored 30 over and I put it all back together. First time doing one complete like this.
I was nervous this weeked to fire it up. Yanked my carb of the Chally and after a few spins of the starter, she fired.
Love it when a plans comes together. Thought I share the progress.
Almost drivable now...cept body n pain, more eng work suspension and...well ugh...back to work.
Here are before n after pics.

Baldwinvette77

i hate to say it, but im not familiar with your car, What can you say about it, have any other pictures, or links to share?  :popcrn:

charge69

The rebuilt 383 looks great! Glad it fired right up and gave you no trouble! Good progress being made, just keep at it!

carsnguitars

Here is a pic of the car when i got it......it pretty much has everything in tact which why i got it....plus sounded like a fun project...ughh..well least learning more everyday...I come this site for lots of good info pics and advice when needed. Or just to kill time at work!

Here is car...

Baldwinvette77

Neat, is it a real R/T car? i was looking for a 3rd gen before i was looking for a 2nd gen, but the only ones i found locally were overpriced, he had a 73 with no powertrain, or interior and wanted 3500$, and also has a totaled 72 he wanted 2500$ for  :rotz:

carsnguitars

Yep//she is all R/T with a/c and Power Windows...its my 2nd one.....
This one was driven like dukes car...as the whole pan was taken out..n tranny trashed...(only thing not orig is tranny)..
but all parts are there..and when i put battery to it..the windows rolled down..I think czy it sat for so long..nothing got modified or changed..
here pic of underside engine when i got it...

Baldwinvette77