News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GTX on Tommy boy.

Started by charger_cody, September 07, 2009, 10:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

Anyone have any idea what happened to it?? It looks like it was pretty nice.

Cody

greenpigs

No, but I would guess David Spade may own it.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Manfred318

Quote from: greenpigs on September 07, 2009, 02:11:20 PM
No, but I would guess David Spade may own it.
I think I remember reading in a magizine quite awhile back that he ended up with the car, but I cant really remember which mag. it was.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Ghoste

I thought it I saw it on a dead prop lot at some place?  Or maybe that was the Barracuda from that Danny Glover movie?

charger_cody

Hmmm neat. Prolly worth alot of money. That car was literally in every scene.

Cody

Khyron

opens door "THUD"

Tommy: "what you do???????????"

:lmao:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

charger_cody

jaak

I remember reading somewhere that the orange one in Joe Dirt is the same car. If you look at pics of both they have the exact same wheels and name brand tires.
Wonder how many was used in Tommy Boy?

Jason

Rolling_Thunder

i wouldnt doubt it...   both were 67 convertible cars...   not many of those out there honestly...   David Spade also has a collection of mopars so in all likelihood it is the same car...         reminds me of my blue satellite   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

charger_cody

I read somewhere that there were 8 used in the movie.

Cody

cditomaso

Here is a collage of all the scenes with the 1967 Plymouth Belvedere GTX Convertible from Tommy Boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05y06ikKbI

Cooter

And yet, NO one has mentioned the fact they tore up Perfectly good cars either....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

QuoteAnd yet, NO one has mentioned the fact they tore up Perfectly good cars either....

The "Tommy Boy" cars didn't have rebel flags and a banjo soundtrack so it's not a crime. 

Cooter

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 09, 2013, 11:46:42 AM
QuoteAnd yet, NO one has mentioned the fact they tore up Perfectly good cars either....

The "Tommy Boy" cars didn't have rebel flags and a banjo soundtrack so it's not a crime. 

:angel: :D
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

GL#10

There are two Tommy boy cars at CVS in North Hollywood , they have both been repainted and used in other production's , yes one was painted orange and used in Joe Dirt , there currently not for sale , i tried to buy one  , i have pics ill find them and post them .

Wha Ja Do 

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

cditomaso

I agree that they are the same car in the 2 movies, there are too many similarities. However, now I'm thinking the GTX was actually a clone made from a Belvedere or Satellite. I say this because it is missing a few options you would expect to see standard on a GTX (Mopar experts, please advise):
1) 120mph speedometer gauge - see pic (GTX had a standard 150mph speedometer gauge)
2) Column shift (console shift standard on GTX?)
3) Missing chrome brake light bezel (standard on GTX), however these could have been removed.
4) Missing chrome wheel-well trim (pretty sure standard on GTX), however these could have been removed.
5) Bench seat up front (not sure if GTX had standard buckets or not)
6) No competition gas cap and bezel (standard on GTX)

Anyone spot anything else?

The links to the videos are here:
Tommy Boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05y06ikKbI
Joe Dirt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kvq0XEB3DI