News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"other" mopar car question: 70 RR

Started by FJ5WING, April 17, 2013, 12:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

the shop removed my quarter end caps so I don't know...But, Does a 70 Road Runner have any type of gasket between the quarter end caps and the quarters?
It seams like there was no gasket which sounds strange.

I would appreciate no guesswork on this one. Only firsthand experience with 70 RR's please. :icon_smile_blackeye:
wingless now, but still around.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

FJ5WING

Hey Bill,
Thanks for that link....It gave me the information I needed. I captured the beef of the information in the link. They did NOT come with gaskets from the factory. "You Da Mann"!  :2thumbs: :D

NOTE: 1970 Plymouth B bodies didn't come from the factory with these quarter panel extension gaskets. The factory just used some black butyl or black rope caulk around each stud.  The 1970 metal quarter extensions have the same features as earlier years to accept these gaskets. On the earlier year applications, their purpose was more to keep the quarter extension from chipping the paint on the rear of the quarter panel than as a seal. A wise addition after an expensive paint job.
wingless now, but still around.

bill440rt

Ah-HAH!  :smilielol:
So, are you telling me it's sometimes necessary to read rather than just look at the pictures?  :rofl:  :brickwall:
Well, glad I could help anyway. I think.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

billssuperbird