News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 VIN/Chassis number locations?

Started by Rosco, April 17, 2013, 05:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosco

Apart from the VIN tag, on the top of the dash, and the stamping on top of the radiator support, where else can these numbers be found?
The stamping on the rad support is readable, but not the clearest it could be, so I'm wondering where else these numbers are stamped?
Any photos would be great  :2thumbs:
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

Daytona R/T SE

Inside the trunk

Driver's side

Drip rail

Under the weatherstripping

Is a partial VIN :Twocents:

moparsr2ast

The DS trunk lip, under the weatherstrip moulding... I understand there are 3 other places, but haven't been able to actually verify firsthand, but one of the rear framerails, the DS sail panel area inside, and somewhere by the wiper motor?  If nothing else, it will give you some places to look   :2thumbs:

Rosco

Thanks guys.
Like I said, the rad support stamping is mostly readable, but it's not the greatest. Don't wanna have any issues later on with registration - I shouldn't - but always be prepared for the worst. Some rego inspectors can be real jerks...

Homerr

Motor and trans are other places if it's a numbers car.  Engine is drivers side on a machined flat spot down adjacent to the oil pan, trans is drivers side on a similar machined boss but part way up the casting.

Moparpoolman

Quote from: Homerr on April 17, 2013, 09:31:52 AM
Motor and trans are other places if it's a numbers car.  Engine is drivers side on a machined flat spot down adjacent to the oil pan, trans is drivers side on a similar machined boss but part way up the casting.
Enless you're in Australia, it's the passenger side, the right side.

ws23rt

Quote from: Rosco on April 17, 2013, 05:50:54 AM
Apart from the VIN tag, on the top of the dash, and the stamping on top of the radiator support, where else can these numbers be found?
The stamping on the rad support is readable, but not the clearest it could be, so I'm wondering where else these numbers are stamped?
Any photos would be great  :2thumbs:

You found a vin stamping on top of radiator support. For others reading this it can be on vertical surface of radiator support- radiator side. My 69 coronet is that way maybe chargers could be as well.

Rosco

Quote from: moparsr2ast on April 17, 2013, 06:07:36 AM
 The DS trunk lip, under the weatherstrip moulding... I understand there are 3 other places, but haven't been able to actually verify firsthand, but one of the rear framerails, the DS sail panel area inside, and somewhere by the wiper motor?  If nothing else, it will give you some places to look   :2thumbs:

Whereabouts near the wiper motor? Anyone else confirm this?

Please, photos of any of these locations would be very much appreciated so I know precisely where to look.

Have been speaking to VicRoads about registering it, and they're saying with only the radiator support stamping, depending who inspects it when it's registered, I may have issues.

Thanks for the input guys.

Alaskan_TA

Nothing by the wiper motor on any 1969 model.

JB400

Must be confusing the one by the wiper motor for the one on the dash.  Either that, or they are confusing car models.

tan top

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 17, 2013, 06:05:22 AM
Inside the trunk

Driver's side

Drip rail

Under the weatherstripping

Is a partial VIN :Twocents:

:2thumbs:

yep
only two places the vin is stamped on a 69  , one is the radiator core support the other it the driver side trunk rail , under the rubber weather strip  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Rosco

Thanks for the photos Tan Top, they were exactly what I needed!

I was looking in the wrong place for the trunk rail stamping.
Couldn't feel it from underneath, had to take the crusty old weather strip off with a scraper and some Scotch-Brite pads. All the metal along there is still really solid, which is good - nice clear stamping!

The radiator support stamping is a lot clearer than I thought as well. I didn't realise there was the additional number and letter before the 6 numbers from the end of the VIN. Cleaned it up some more with Scotch-Brite and the whole thing is really clear - after removing the dozen layers of paint.