News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

78 Sporty or not?

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, April 13, 2013, 09:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Bought this LeBaron a few weeks ago. Planned on cleaning it up and selling it, But I kinda like it. 48k org. miles senior owned its whole life. Have all repair paperwork from 79 until present. Have Build sheet and org. sales order. The more I look at it I like the lines on the rear quarters. The only thing I'm not a real fan of is the front head light set up. Put some Cragars and BFGs and Dual exhaust on it now it looks pretty nice. Its a true 360 4 barrel car with a Edelbrock carb. Turned out to be a fun cruiser. So I think i will just have some fun with it until or if it sell.  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

JB400

Nice cruiser.  Best thing is, you can park it wherever and not have to worry about it. The 360 will still provide enough umph to blow away some ricer kids. :drive:  Afterwards, you could sell it to them.  They need converting.

Indygenerallee

I don't think I would say "sporty" the Cragars give it that look IMO take off the Cragars and it looks like grandmas car again. but I would prolly just keep it and drive the snot out of it.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Nacho-RT74

I like a lot those 78 lebarons with large quarter glass!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

nh_mopar_fan

"Sporty"?

No.  :pity:

Still a nice cruiser.

JB400

I think if you want to make it sporty, paint it black with blacked out grill.  Or, paint it a high impact color with a blacked out hood treatment, taillight panel and grill.  It's possible to make it sporty, but not with a frosty blue paint job.

ODZKing

They look great the way they are.  And the Cragars make it look better, yes.
Some Mag5's would work too.
I have always liked those cars and I've always liked "different".  And you don't see those anymore, and with all that original paperwork ... I'd hang on to it.
My  :Twocents:

BigBlackDodge

Hmmm.....it has that 'Family Truckster' looking front end.

BBD

PocketThunder

:2thumbs:  i'd drive that all over town.   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 13, 2013, 02:06:37 PM
:2thumbs:  i'd drive that all over town.   :drool5:

Me too!  :2thumbs: :drool5:

I wish I could find one like that too. The 2 door versions are kinda rare and hard to find. If you ever wanna sell it down the road, let me know. I'd drive the heck out of it like that.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Daytona R/T SE

I'd try to find a set of the original T-tops that could be had on these cars, cut 'em in and cruise it 'till the wheels fall off... :Twocents:

TUFCAT

I REALLY like it! My Grandfather owned a 1978 Lebaron 318 like that .  He probably only drove it 5,000 miles in 10 years! It was "Dove Gray" which was a soft pastel gray.  Unfortunately it went to another family member when he passed and driven daily through many Michigan winters.  I'm pretty sure it died rusty and worn out.  :'(  

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

71charger_fan

Sporty is in the eye of the beholder. My father-in-law thinks his base model G6 sedan is sporty. I really like those cars. I had a 1980 LeBaron 2 door with a slant six. I would have loved to have had a V8.

68coronetGLwannabe

I'm a big fan of the First Gen Monte Carlos. The lines on the rear quarters of this car remind me of them. The more I look at this car The more I like it. The 360 in it is pretty peppy and I have a blast drive it.  :D
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

GOTWING

CRAGARS CAN MAKE ANYTHING LOOK COOL !  :yesnod: a buddy of mine had one like this in green, 318, he put nice duals on it with chrome magnum 500 rims, nice cruiser.

billfury

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on April 14, 2013, 11:07:59 PM
I'm a big fan of the First Gen Monte Carlos. The lines on the rear quarters of this car remind me of them. The more I look at this car The more I like it. The 360 in it is pretty peppy and I have a blast drive it.  :D

Then there's your answer.  :2thumbs:

Indygenerallee

http://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/3710181814.html I like this 77 Sport Fury!! Looks really clean! If I could wrangle up some spare cash I would go and buy it!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 15, 2013, 01:00:04 PM
http://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/3710181814.html I like this 77 Sport Fury!! Looks really clean! If I could wrangle up some spare cash I would go and buy it!!

I like it.  :2thumbs: If that's un-sporty.....then I'd be quite happy to be un-sporty.

ODZKing

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 15, 2013, 01:00:04 PM
A fellow in our club is selling one.  As you said if I had the cash   :drive:
1977 PLYMOUTH FURY SPORT FOR SALE
CAR IS ALL ORIGINAL EXCEPT MUFFLER.    MILAGE IS 26,000 PLUS CHANGE ON 318 MOTOR AND TRANS.
PICTURE OF CAR AVAILABLE AT www.SONSANDDAUGHTERSDRIVING.COM  - WEB SITE.  ASKING $3300. Mike.  Phone: 420-3820