News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

@!#!#$%!&@#!## weather

Started by bakerhillpins, April 12, 2013, 03:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Congrats :woohoo: :woohoo: :punkrocka:  Too bad I didn't place money on my bet :P :lol:

bzabodyn

Congrats on getting her home! Looks great!!!

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

charge69

Beautiful Charger!  Glad you got it home. :cheers:  What is that white stuff on the ground in the pics? :nana: :nana: It's 80* here and beautiful right now! :icon_smile_big:

bobfist

does they use salt on the roads in winter areas in the Us?

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bobfist on April 13, 2013, 06:54:43 PM
does they use salt on the roads in winter areas in the Us?

Yes, most municipalities do. Here in the north east it is used quite a bit.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bobfist

hmmmm same as here, the roads are completly white when it dryied
Not good for the cars...
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bobfist on April 13, 2013, 07:09:40 PM
hmmmm same as here, the roads are completly white when it dryied
Not good for the cars...

We don't get it that bad but maybe once or twice a year. Yesterday's dose was light because they new it would all melt today.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

charge69

We really do not have cold, snowy or winter-mix winters down here (SE Texas) but, when we have the rare sub-freezing winter mix, the county sprays the overpasses with a chemical designed to keep them from having liquids freeze on them. They never use salt on the roads down here anymore. Mid-April is Wayyyy too late in the year for us to have freezing precip here.

I doubt there is any problem with the roads at any time of the year for our older classics down here. Organized shows usually shut down here from Nov thru mid-March but casual shows are year-round.

71ChallengeHer

Bryan, awesome.  :2thumbs:  I bet the boys are thrilled.

bakerhillpins

Well, it was sunny and warm today. Used her to run a handful of errands. Boys were glad to get rides to ball practice too. Glad it worked out!  :ricky:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

areibel

Quote from: charge69 on April 13, 2013, 07:38:33 PM
We really do not have cold, snowy or winter-mix winters down here (SE Texas) but, when we have the rare sub-freezing winter mix, the county sprays the overpasses with a chemical designed to keep them from having liquids freeze on them. They never use salt on the roads down here anymore. Mid-April is Wayyyy too late in the year for us to have freezing precip here.

I doubt there is any problem with the roads at any time of the year for our older classics down here. Organized shows usually shut down here from Nov thru mid-March but casual shows are year-round.

Probably calcium chloride, not quite as bad but still nasty..

TUFCAT

WOW!!!  Good to see pictures of your beautiful Charger but damn that weather sucks.  :'(

projectanimal

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 15, 2013, 06:31:55 PM
Well, it was sunny and warm today. Used her to run a handful of errands. Boys were glad to get rides to ball practice too. Glad it worked out!  :ricky:

AWESOME!!   :cheers: :2thumbs:
northwest CT

440mike

Beautiful car!     We have had nasty weather as well here in Mn.  It is supposed to maybe snow again wed thurs and fri this week and not even hit 50 till monday!  gross.  I wanna get my 67 out so bad. :brickwall:
67 Charger, current muscle,
66 383 4 speed Coronet 500
68&69 GTS Darts
440 69 Dart
68&70&72 Road Runners
396 Chevelle
455 68 442
67 440 GTX
340 4SPEED & AUTO 73 Dart Sports
340 71 Demon
66 Mustang coupe.
76 Camaro R/S T-top car