News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1965 Barracuda rough values?

Started by 67tbird, April 12, 2013, 02:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67tbird

I have a guy where I work that just traded his Ram for a 65 /6 45000 mile Barracuda fastback(weren't they all fastbacks?) He wants to trade for my 72 Charger. He's repainting it now two tone blue/silver(He's an aircraft painter, its what they do :shruggy:) haven't gotten to look under the car for rust, or taken pics. just wanting rough value on car, I tried Epay and Go ogle without much success. Also where to look for rust/problem areas. Thanks Dave

Cooter

Watch the "Freshly Painted" cars. Never know what's hiding under all that fresh paint. Could be solid as a rock, but is he gonna let you scrape off all the paint ot find out?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mytur Binsdirti

Unlike the 68-69 model, those early Barracudas were ugly as sin.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 12, 2013, 08:05:45 AM
Unlike the 68-69 model, those early Barracudas were ugly as sin.

I agree. . . I would pass.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Indygenerallee

QuoteUnlike the 68-69 model, those early Barracudas were ugly as sin.
X2
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

rick@laysons

Check out www.forabodiesonly.com, there's a ton of guys over there with first gen Cudas who can give you a very good idea of what the car might be worth. :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: rick@laysons on April 12, 2013, 11:09:40 AM
Check out www.forabodiesonly.com, there's a ton of guys over there with first gen Cudas who can give you a very good idea of what the car might be worth. :2thumbs:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: 67tbird on April 12, 2013, 02:56:59 AM
I have a guy where I work that just traded his Ram for a 65 /6 45000 mile Barracuda fastback(weren't they all fastbacks?) He wants to trade for my 72 Charger. He's repainting it now two tone blue/silver(He's an aircraft painter, its what they do :shruggy:) haven't gotten to look under the car for rust, or taken pics. just wanting rough value on car, I tried Epay and Go ogle without much success. Also where to look for rust/problem areas. Thanks Dave
I see this little six cyl car running to all the cruises local
 love this little car very clean nice car  , the cragars make it

Mytur Binsdirti

1974dodgecharger

i think they r cool especially the superstocker ones......little as car with nig engine 4 speed whoaaaa......fishtail in even 2nd gear

Nacho-RT74

I don't really like 1st gen Barracudas either, HOWEVER the uggliest is the 66.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ACUDANUT

Rolling_Thunder

I used to hate early Barracudas as well -  but I have grown to appreciate them -  Don't own one yet - but they can be cool....    buddy of mine has a 408" stroker in a 1965 with a 4-speed.  fun little car - cragars do make them look a LOT better
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Kern Dog

I wouldn't take an early Barracuda in trade for a wheelbarrel. They really are hideous. I was GIVEN one  a few months ago. I can't wait to get it running and sell the damn thing.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 13, 2013, 11:41:35 PM
I used to hate early Barracudas as well -  but I have grown to appreciate them -  Don't own one yet - but they can be cool....    buddy of mine has a 408" stroker in a 1965 with a 4-speed.  fun little car - cragars do make them look a LOT better

A 408 and a 4 speed improves any car :D

Kern Dog

I guess from the drivers seat looking OUT, the car may seem okay. I'd have to walk back to it blindfolded though.
This reminds me of what it must be like to have the sweetest, nicest woman that is as ugly as an orangutan.

r4daytona

I think they're pretty cool, I tend to like the ugly cars as most people would refer to them. The early Barracudas, wing cars and I'd love to get a 62 Dart or Polara convert.  That way when I'm in an "ugly" car it makes me look that much more handsome!! :smilielol:   I noticed in that pic what looks like a superbird convert, those are super rare I hear.  Know anything about that one Stu??

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on April 16, 2013, 07:37:17 AM
I think they're pretty cool, I tend to like the ugly cars as most people would refer to them. The early Barracudas, wing cars and I'd love to get a 62 Dart or Polara convert.  That way when I'm in an "ugly" car it makes me look that much more handsome!! :smilielol:   I noticed in that pic what looks like a superbird convert, those are super rare I hear.  Know anything about that one Stu??
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :leaving:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on April 14, 2013, 03:27:25 AM
I guess from the drivers seat looking OUT, the car may seem okay. I'd have to walk back to it blindfolded though.
This reminds me of what it must be like to have the sweetest, nicest woman that is as ugly as an orangutan.

So....only drive it at night. Problem solved. :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Looks ain't everything. There's one here owned by a douchebag that runs 8.40's 1/4 mile with a small block. The Hurst "Hemi under glass" is another one that comes to mind.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

67tbird