News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proud new owner of a '69 Charger!

Started by Rosco, April 08, 2013, 03:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Congrats mate.  :cheers:
Sit in it and grin from ear to ear for as long as you can because you're going to have plenty of days where you won't be grinning at all once you get started on her.   :lol:
There'll be head aches and cursing for sure but there'll be elation every time something comes together.
And in the end, it will all have been worth it and you'll be grinning from ear to ear again when you finally take her cruising and have people giving you the thumbs up everywhere you go!

Best of luck.    :2thumbs:   :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Congrats on the score.  The price on the windshield is pretty darn good as well.  You did no wrong on getting this one. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

charger Downunder

That car should put a smile on ya. Your going to have some fun. congratulations. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
[/quote]

Chippa

Quote from: Fred on April 08, 2013, 10:05:15 PM
Congrats mate.  :cheers:
Sit in it and grin from ear to ear for as long as you can because you're going to have plenty of days where you won't be grinning at all once you get started on her.   :lol:
There'll be head aches and cursing for sure but there'll be elation every time something comes together.
And in the end, it will all have been worth it and you'll be grinning from ear to ear again when you finally take her cruising and have people giving you the thumbs up everywhere you go!

Best of luck.    :2thumbs:   :cheers:

Couldn't of said it better Fred.... :2thumbs: very true its an awesome feeling!!!!!!

dodgey68

Congrats!  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

I like Animal's plan:
Step 1: Beer.
Step 2: Look at it.
Step 3: More beer.
Step 4: Look at it some more. and a few revs/11's  in the drive way
Step 5: Repeat as necessary.
:smilielol:
[/quote]
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

Rosco

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and encouragement!
I hope you all realise this means another person pestering you all with questions for quite some time to come?
I'll make a start on pulling everything apart on the weekend, and I suppose I'll have to start a resto thread at some point, with lots of photos!
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

Homerr

Here's some inspiration for you, should you do a conversion.   :rofl:

Nice purchase, lots of good times ahead working on it.

Rosco

Did a double take there - that looks VERY similar to my current daily driver's interior, except mine is still RHD of course!

Laxy

Congrats, you must have a permanent grin on your face at the moment!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Darkman

Quote from: Rosco on April 08, 2013, 09:49:17 PM
So if you leave it LHD, to get full rego it has to be perfectly factory spec - no modifications at all - but if you convert it to RHD, (which would be a BIG modification), then the factory spec rule doesn't apply, is that right?  :shruggy:
SA rego laws sound stupid...

That sums it up pretty much!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Matthan

Welcome...everyone knows 69 is the best!

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Homerr on April 09, 2013, 10:17:06 AM
Here's some inspiration for you, should you do a conversion.   :rofl:

Nice purchase, lots of good times ahead working on it.

That looks halfway familiar.

M'ladys car is a Saturn Ion, so the gauges are in the middle. I hardly notice it in the daylight.....but driving it at night is really weird.

aussiemuscle

it's awesome you got a charger. i hope to do that one day (only had the australian ones)

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 08, 2013, 04:18:52 PM
16,750... :scratchchin:

Is that Dollars ? :shruggy:
no, that's aussie bucks. totally different  :pity:

Rosco

Quote from: aussiemuscle on April 11, 2013, 08:50:58 PM
it's awesome you got a charger. i hope to do that one day (only had the australian ones)

I might get one of them one day as well. Would be good to have one of each!

69 ROCKET

Have you had any luck finding parts suppliers in Oz? That are reasonably priced that is? Its a labour of love and $$$

Rosco

Yeah, bit of a price increase on parts, but nothing major. When you consider you don't have worry to about importing it yourself.

fy469rtse

Quote from: Rosco on April 08, 2013, 05:15:42 AM
Just did some checking, it was Darkman I was thinking of, not you, who's converting his '68.

Yeah, you don't need to here in Victoria either since it's over 30 years old - WELL over haha! Due to it's age, I could pretty much take it back to original, and register it, especially on Club/Historic Registration.

Yeah, I've been lucky enough to know a guy who has a Mustang, which I've driven a little bit. It's all good, specially if you've got someone in the passenger seat!

I forgot to mention, there's no fender tag - looks like it was removed for painting and not replaced afterwards, and no luck finding the build sheet. Any suggestions on where to look apart from under/in the rear seat? I don't plan on doing a factory spec resto, but it'd be one of those "nice to haves".
you can get a new fender tag made, you have a complete car so going over it will tell you what options it had or were ordered to the build sheet, register the car on the 69 charger registers site and they might be able to help with how that tag should look, the vin tells you a lot also they can help with also , where car was made , engine and such, give it a try