News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

10th anniversary getaway, suggestion

Started by hemi68charger, April 07, 2013, 12:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang,
Looking for suggestions for a nice getaway for Kim and I for our 10th wedding anniversary. Googles the typical places like Vegas, New York, etc. We both like mountains, antique shopping, etc. Want something close to an airport. It'll be a weekend gig leaving on a Friday. I'm at a loss on knowing where to look or trust. We like a nice resort/hotel with things to do while we're there; sightseeing, dining, shopping with walking distance.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

JB400

Make friends with a travel agent.  They could put you in some unique places for a reasonable price.

charge69

Troy, do you really want to fly somewhere? I hate flying these days and Houstons' big airport or even Hobby is a big hassle now.

You could get a nice room for yourselves at the Omni Hotel at the Colonnades on the NW side of San Antonio (about 2 miles outside Loop1604 @ the Wurzbach exit) for a very reasonable rate (around 109 a night plus fees) and be within walking distance of numerous eateries and shopping. Boerne is just a 10 minute drive up I-10 and lots of nice shops and eateries there.

Think about it and look into the Omni rates there vs down on the Riverwalk. Of course, that area has all you want and is a driving option too.

Carl

68X426

San Diego.

Great town, lots to do, the USS Midway is a must see, then the coast, drive out to the desert mountains. Visit Ramona, Julian, Balboa, Laguna, the Del. Check out Stone Brewery in Escondido. The Fish House Vera Cruz in San Marcos. Great vacation. :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

skip68

Sedona Arizona, Palm Springs or Aspen Colorado.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

oldgold69

send her to Hawaii  and you go to  Carlisle   :nana:

73rallye440magnum

WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

stripedelete

Boston, if you like history.

San Diego is a great suggestion.  Check out the Crown City Inn on Coronado Island.  It's a remodeled motor inn.  Not Fancy, but, clean, cozy and a few blocks from the beach.  About $110/night ten years ago.  A taxi will get you over the bridge to downtown and the Gas Light district.   You could spend a nice evening on Coronado as well.     

bill440rt

My wife & I went on a week's cruise to Bermuda for our 10th. One of the best vacations we've ever been on.
Not exactly a weekend getaway, but you could look into shorter 3 or 4-day cruises. In the grand scheme of things it was actually affordable. 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

chargerboy69

I do not have a suggestion where to go, just nothing by Carnival Cruise.  ;)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

oldgold69

I didn't know you had to get away for your 10 th    :shruggy:   I guess I owe my wife a getaway   she probably wouldn't come back

Mytur Binsdirti

I'd like to plan a long weekend with Submit sometime  in the near future. My plan is to fly to northern CA, rent a car & start driving south. Things to see would be the Redwood forest, San Francisco, Pacific Coast Highway, Hearst Catle & end up in LA to see Venice Beach and/or Hollywood. 4 or 5 days would do it for me.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: bill440rt on April 08, 2013, 07:33:25 AM
Right!
Go Royal Carribean.  :yesnod:

That's what we are doing on our 15th. Go R.C....Disney is boring and that mouse stole every dollar I had.

41husk

Try the Ozarks in MO.  Some nice places lots of antiques beautiful scenery and you could fly into springfield MO in no time.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mrsskip68

My suggestion: STAY HOME! Let the wife get her hair and nails done, let her go shopping at Victorias Secret, buy a bottle of wine and box of dark chocolates, light a fire, anddddddddd......................................remember why you got married!  :2thumbs:

(Then with all the money you saved, buy HER a mopar!)  :D  :Twocents:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: mrsskip68 on April 08, 2013, 02:04:36 PM
My suggestion: STAY HOME! Let the wife get her hair and nails done, let her go shopping at Victorias Secret, buy a bottle of wine and box of dark chocolates, light a fire, anddddddddd......................................remember why you got married!  :2thumbs:

(Then with all the money you saved, buy HER a mopar!)  :D  :Twocents:

Best advice so far :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

I never know what to get as an anniversary gift because my wife doesn't want anything. We also don't travel much other than to go visit dying people before they die. We have more frequent flier miles saved up this way than we do for fun. If I had to pick a destination as a suggestion, I'd just choose a place that doesn't have an elderly or sick relative living there to avoid ruining your anniversary trip if they die while you're visiting.

Now if you do what mrsskip suggests & stay at home, I do know what NOT to get each other as a gift based on the fact that my Mom & Dad ended up divorced.

Don't get any of these things.......

Double Chin Remover

This exercise device promises to help your sweetie get rid of her double chin and her unsightly neck folds. Make sure to point out to her just how many of her imperfections your gift will help clear up. Your wife will appreciate your thoughtful anniversary present! PRO TIP: bundle this nonsurgical face lift with some diet pills or perhaps a membership to a weight loss club. This is going to be an anniversary present she will never forget!

Shirt Bib

What better way to tell your lover that he is well past his prime by buying him a bib to catch the drool from his toothless mouth. Your man will love you for this thoughtful anniversary present! If he even knows what day it is.

Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Kit

Your overweight spouse will appreciate this innovative way to lose weight. No more of that yo yo dieting. And they won't be able to eat as much, so next anniversary you can skip the expensive obligatory anniversary dinner! Make sure to point out to your honey just how much weight they will lose with this technique, and how all their flab will melt away. PRO TIP: as a nice love game on your anniversary you can practice drawing on her abdomen where the incisions will go with a felt marker - very sexy!

Hairy Lips

Is your wife sporting a moustache? Do you find it repulsive to kiss her hairy lips. Don't worry. She probably just hasn't noticed how much she has let her appearance slip. A helpful hint may help your hirsute wifey get back to being presentable. Buy her this effective lip hair remover.

Texas Chainsaw Orchestra [EP]

If you want to make your anniversary date special, it helps to have the right music to get your partner in the mood. What could be more romantic than these romantic classics performed by vituoso chain saw players!

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow