News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey my 71 is off for paint

Started by ottawamerc, April 07, 2013, 07:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Glad to hear you're having some fun with it. :2thumbs:  Just don't get in too big of a hurry

charge69

Awesome looking Charger !! Just wait until you complete the restoration !  It will be a real attention-getter!   Congrats

ottawamerc

Today the car went in to get its stripes, even though its STILL raining here I decided to go anyways and I'm glad I did. The guys at the shop did a great job installing the decals and thanks to those here that posted all the proper specs for the decals I think they are in the correct locations :2thumbs: Hard to believe that I only have to now install the rear view mirrors and upper drivers door panel and I"M DONE!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Now if only this rain would end here we could enjoy all this hard work and get out cruising :cheers:

This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

ACUDANUT

Looks great. Now you need some R/T taillights !!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ottawamerc

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 11, 2013, 01:57:19 PM
Looks great. Now you need some R/T taillights !!

Ya there on the list ACUDANUT plus many other stuff,,, bring on the swap meets :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Charger-Bodie

I personally don't mind the tailights it has now. Hard to beat the R/T lights but they surely aren't ugly.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JB400

Glad to see your car earned its stripes.

CDN72SE

There'll be another Charger in the streets of Ontario, nice job! Maybe one day for me...
1972 Charger SE

71 SE3834V

Yours is the only car other than mine that I've seen w/the taillights blacked out. Did you paint them? Mine were black when I bought it so I recoated them cause I liked it.  ;D
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ottawamerc

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on June 12, 2013, 01:39:13 PM
Yours is the only car other than mine that I've seen w/the taillights blacked out. Did you paint them? Mine were black when I bought it so I recoated them cause I liked it.  ;D

Ya I redid the assembly while building the car. When I bought it it had 72 lights in it which was one of the first parts to go, I wanted the R/T style but I have not found any yet so I went with the 71 assembly that I did locate. I repainted it black from the original silver, I used trim paint I think from dupont in a rattle can and I like the way they turned out.. :cheers:

carsnguitars

Nice...but now it makes me wanna get mine painted too....

I love that color on the car as well...

71 SE3834V

Quote from: ottawamerc on June 13, 2013, 04:59:06 PM
Quote from: 71 SE3834V on June 12, 2013, 01:39:13 PM
Yours is the only car other than mine that I've seen w/the taillights blacked out. Did you paint them? Mine were black when I bought it so I recoated them cause I liked it.  ;D

Ya I redid the assembly while building the car. When I bought it it had 72 lights in it which was one of the first parts to go, I wanted the R/T style but I have not found any yet so I went with the 71 assembly that I did locate. I repainted it black from the original silver, I used trim paint I think from dupont in a rattle can and I like the way they turned out.. :cheers:

Yeah, not a big fan of the '72 taillights either, no offense to anyone who has them.
Did mine with a rattle can also. I think the blacked out tails goes well w/the black in my hideaways and the black vinyl top. Thinking about painting a silver stripe around each lens in the groove. :icon_smile_big: Yours looks good w/the black strip and black hood insert. Do you have the blacked out R/T grill?
Everyone likes pics right? Here's a pic of mine. It's a work in progress.  :buff:

71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

ottawamerc

Yeah, not a big fan of the '72 taillights either, no offense to anyone who has them.
Did mine with a rattle can also. I think the blacked out tails goes well w/the black in my hideaways and the black vinyl top. Thinking about painting a silver stripe around each lens in the groove. :icon_smile_big: Yours looks good w/the black strip and black hood insert. Do you have the blacked out R/T grill?
Everyone likes pics right? Here's a pic of mine. It's a work in progress.  :buff:

[/quote]

I was also thinking of doing the recessed area in silver , it might highlight them better?? I do have the blacked out grill but I swapped out for the hideaway head light option. :drool5:

Scott

ACUDANUT

Quote : "I swapped out for the hideaway head light option".  Well, let's see it. We love pic's.

ottawamerc

Well I finally was able to get it out to my/ its first show today, I spent an hour or so getting it ready and clean then headed out only to run into 2 rain storms :brickwall: :brickwall:  Oh well that's the story for this year in Eastern Ontario I guess. I enjoyed the day and meeting other enthusiasts and in the end the car took home a 2nd place in the muscle car category.  :2thumbs: Actually it was a all Mopar finish with a 72 RR 440+6 taking 3rd and a 68 Charger in first.  I came home pleased with the outcome for a first show then noticed the engine was running a little rough so I pulled a plug and woaaa its now quite white in color :shruggy: :shruggy: Oh well back to the drawing board :scratchchin:

Scott

ottawamerc

WHEW !! close one,, I was just checking my engine and I was happy to see there is still 176lbs in each cylinder and all that was wrong was the choke pulloff vac line was disconnected. :RantExplode: That little line had me up at 3 am. wondering last night damn. Also installed the new #66 jets into my center carb and thus far I'm happy with the difference, I hope to road test it tonight.

Scott

RIDELIKEHELL

Good luck Scott! Hope to see that car someday  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

ottawamerc

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on July 08, 2013, 04:38:24 PM
Good luck Scott! Hope to see that car someday  :2thumbs:
\
Should have it at Moparfest, hope to see ya there  :cheers:

firefighter3931

Quote from: ottawamerc on July 08, 2013, 04:31:56 PM
Also installed the new #66 jets into my center carb and thus far I'm happy with the difference, I hope to road test it tonight.

Scott

The 66's should help with the cruise AFR's but it might want a bit more...test, test and test again.  :icon_smile_big:

Do you have a bung welded into your collector ?

I have a LM1 wideband that would take all of the guesswork out of it  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

ottawamerc

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 08, 2013, 05:14:43 PM
Quote from: ottawamerc on July 08, 2013, 04:31:56 PM
Also installed the new #66 jets into my center carb and thus far I'm happy with the difference, I hope to road test it tonight.

Scott

The 66's should help with the cruise AFR's but it might want a bit more...test, test and test again.  :icon_smile_big:

Do you have a bung welded into your collector ?

I have a LM1 wideband that would take all of the guesswork out of it  ;)

Ya I heard :scratchchin: I could soon enough  :angel:

Ron

brigond

Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!