News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 at Mecum this Saturday

Started by chargd72, April 05, 2013, 06:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

My buddy's numbers matching 440 '69 R/T will be crossing the block this Saturday at 4:40 at Houston Mecum.  I think it will be televised live on Velocity if any of you guys want to catch it.  It's a fully documented rotisserie restoration built to match the day it left the factory.  Beautiful car.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

XS29LA47V21

charge69

Beautiful Charger and I will be watching, if not actually there, for this Charger to cross the auction block!

Is your friend a registered member here and is he a pilot? Or, was it the guy who did the resto work that was the pilot? Seems I remember this car a while back getting ready for a restoration.

68RRFlyer

Carl? :icon_smile_big:  If you're referring to me, I have the twin of this car, basically:  Number's matching 69' RT/SE, Auto, B5-White top/stripe, B7 guts, AM/FM, rear defrost/speaker, PS, 6-way seat, console, headrests (12-6 car), Tach, A33 rear, and Power Windows.  Non A/C, has 2spd wipers, and non-power drums too.   Everything date coded original and I got it from the second owner.  Still have the original owner's contact info (sadly he's passed on, but his wife is still around).  A little bit of a weird combo seeing how it has all the other options and they skimped on the brakes/air. 

All the metal work is done and now I'm just getting into the bodywork.  Everything is on hold to a job change/move, but hope to have it on the road next year once everything gets settled.  I'll be watching this to see how it does.  We'll see!!

Cheers :cheers: 
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

charge69

Hi Dave, yes I thought it might be your car as when I last saw your Roadrunner, it was so nicely built and extremely detailed. I remember you having the 69 Charger next getting restored.

My Charger is almost home now from its' restoration but it is not a detailed, factory-markings-correct car but I plan to drive mine and did not want to go thru the factory-marking part of the restoration. I am betting mine will take your breath away anyway!

Nice to see you post here and we both will be watching that '69 Charger go on the auction block!

twodko

I hope to catch that just to see what this level of car will sell for. I have the same NM 440 RT w/o FM or power seats. I do have power assit front drums thought and its Q5.

Please post the outcome, thanks.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

charge69

I guess I must have missed it!  What was the auction number?

charge69

Found it. It was lot #S195 and it ws Mecum Sold for $75,000 . Considering what he says he had in it, not too bad a sale.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

darkside

They always skip the mopars on  tv auctions and go to break!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: darkside on April 06, 2013, 08:41:25 PM
They always skip the mopars on  tv auctions and go to break!
I noticed that too, whats with these Boss Mustangs fetching top dollars.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

bzabodyn

I was there today and got to see this in person. Beautiful car in the flesh.

A few shots of the 'Birds for the wing car guys - few other decent Mopars as well.

Yeah, I know it's been a while since I've been posting but still lurking on/off. I'll try to get back in the swing and start posting again. BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

chargd72

Quote from: charge69 on April 06, 2013, 06:03:43 PM
Found it. It was lot #S195 and it ws Mecum Sold for $75,000 . Considering what he says he had in it, not too bad a sale.

Yep, Got 75k for it.  He was pleased.  It was right behind a '74 Trans Am then it went to commercial.  You could see the front end rolling up before they cut away.  Being the only '68 or '69 in the line up, you'd think they'd want to show it.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

charge69

MOPARS just can't get a break at the televised auctions! :flame: You can certainly see all the Craparos, Rustangs and other assorted GM and Ford products though :brickwall: