News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tweeters in the center dash??

Started by lasvegas69charg, March 06, 2013, 01:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

has anyone put tweeters in the center dash location?  i was thinking about 1" Polk tweeters in that location. i just talk to crutchfield tech support where i got them from and they said you could and aim them where you would be looking out at the windshield at while seated.   i currently have Polk 5x7 in the doors and rear deck and polk 2-10" subs in trunk with 2 alpine amps.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

bill440rt

I prefer a dual-voice coil speaker vs 2 smaller speakers.

This company sells both dual-voice coil speakers and smaller dual speaker assemblies:
http://www.soundmove.com/speakers_and_amps.htm
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

lasvegas69charg

well after 4 hours of disassembly and reassembly of under the dash to get to the center to install Polk tweets, its done and what a pain in the a$$ to get to that but well worth it. The sound is awesome as I aimed them towards the windshield where eye level is when your sitting. It was a huge improvement.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

VegasCharger

Quote from: bill440rt on March 06, 2013, 01:58:07 PM
I prefer a dual-voice coil speaker vs 2 smaller speakers.

This company sells both dual-voice coil speakers and smaller dual speaker assemblies:
http://www.soundmove.com/speakers_and_amps.htm

Bill did you use one 4x10 dual-voice coil speaker in place of the original front dash speaker from the factory? If so did you use the original hold down bracket or did you have to modify? I was going to go the two small speaker route like the OP but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks, bryan

Calif240

I purchased two 4" speakers and fabbed a custom mount from sheet metal and wood and now have stereo that sounds great and actually has decent mid-range. The speakers were infinity I believe.
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.