News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If putting a six pack set up on a car, do you need larger fuel line?

Started by C_stripes, April 06, 2013, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

As the title says, if you are putting a six pack set up on a factory 440 4bbl car, does it require larger fuel line? How about a different fuel pump?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

b5blue

It "should have" 3/8th" line, a vapor separator with a 1/4" return line and a Carter M4845 pump. You want increased volume but not high pressure fuel delivery.     :scratchchin:

Rolling_Thunder

does it require it?  I would say it depends on the engine.  Remember stock A12 cars only had 5/16" lines.

So - I would say a factory 440 that you just want to add a six pack to would be fine with a 5/16" line.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Big Sugar

:iagree:

You'll also,need a regulated 6psi fuel pump.

Double check this , the kickdown linkage may be different as well.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

ottawamerc

I just did mine as well and I changed the fuel line to 3/8" added a electric pump at the tank and moroso fuel pump at the block, adding the new line was not a tough job I just used the original as a template and bent the new to match it. My other 440-6 that I had I kept the original lines 5/16 and only added the electric pump at the tank and for street duty it worked fine.
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

ottawamerc

Quote from: Big Sugar on April 07, 2013, 09:37:30 AM
:iagree:

You'll also,need a regulated 6psi fuel pump.

Double check this , the kickdown linkage may be different as well.

Ron

Oh yeah Ron is right with the kick down too, I had to modify my 4BBL one to work on the 6 pack. About an hour and a bench vise and I got it to work :2thumbs:

This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

b5blue