News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any body ever run 275/60/15's on all four corners on a 71/72 Charger?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, April 06, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Looks like there's plenty of room on the front, but has any body actually run them on all four corners? :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

flyinlow

I have a 275/60-15 for spare tire on my 73. I normally run 245/60-15 on the front. The spare matches the rear tires (Sure grip)  I put the two extra Craggars I have with worn  BFG's on the front to see if the spare would work ok. Drives OK, does rub at full turn or close  to a full turn if you hit a bump. Used as a spare to get home it would work,being carefull where you drove. I know the 73 is a sligthly different fender and suspension.  :Twocents:

71charger_fan

Here's a 255/60 after 12 years or so on the front of a '71 Charger. There's no problem with rubbing, but it looks like it rubbed lightly once or twice. 275/60s would look awesome, but I'd be afraid they'd rub.

Daytona R/T SE

I test fitted a pair of 275's on the front of my '72 with the torsion bars cranked all the way down.

I didn't see where it would rub anywhere, but the car wasn't driveable and the tires were a severely worn, cheap off brand.

Just wondering if anyone had actually driven one like this.

It looked pretty cool...

ottawamerc

I have the 275 60 15's on the rear and 245 60's up front and they I would say would be the max to fit the 175"s would rub for sure.
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Wookie316

255/50r17 which is 27.2" high. No issues. I believe 275/60's are an inch taller. They'd probably fit but be very tight.

1971 Plum Crazy SupeBee. 400 bored and stroked to 511, 727 spinning a Dana 4.30

471_Magnum

275-60-15s in front would have it looking like a beach buggy.  :eyes: :Twocents:        
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Daytona R/T SE

Cool....Now that I've got it running...

I'm going to give the beach buggy look a try....

With those old worn out 275's

;)