News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 grille value

Started by mikeymopar, April 05, 2013, 09:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeymopar

Thinking about selling one of my spare 69 grilles.Complete no major cracks , trim good shape including I piece needs to be polished, have grille support also pretty much complete, wondering what a fair asking/selling price would be? Any input appreciated.Thanks, Mike

Baldwinvette77

i've seen them on ebay for anywhere between 800-2000$ if you upload pictures i'm sure someone more experienced can tell you almost exactly it's worth.  :shruggy:

elanmars

I'd buy it for $600 shipped. Give me your paypal address and let's call it a done deal!  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Indygenerallee

Sold my 69 grille on Ebay last year (just the plastic grille) had a couple cracks for $1000.00
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

69 OUR/TEA

I have a very nice restored one,no trim or grill frame,just the plastic.Had minor repairs needed,it was one that I was restoring for my car,but landed an NOS complete grill.The ears were never broken or any of the eggcrate fins.If you had seen my grills I've done before,I had made a formula in laquer of the grey color that is spot on to an NOS.Then SEM trim black to appear like the black as original.(Not rattle can,but from their quart container that had to be reduced and sprayed with a spray gun).
Was not really thinking about selling it yet, but maybe.

skip68

I'd say around $1,600. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

No matter how expensive they are, I don't think I want to buy too many of them :lol:

F8-4life

GRills worth around 1,000. I had 2 complete 69 grills in good shape complete with no cracks. UNrestored Sold them both @ 1k
Id try to avoid shipping as they are fragile. Local sale is best for these.
Anything like 1500-2k.... all that jazz is for restored ones. For just a good cond. original peice I'd say anything around a grand is ok.

Daytona R/T SE

How does the value of a '68 grill compare to the '69?

Here's the one I have:

mikeymopar

Appreciate the feedback, when  I get some pics put together I will offer it For sale on this site first, gotta take care of the charger/mopar folks.
Thanks, Mike

bull

The estimates I'm seeing sound a little high. If I were you I'd check the completed listings on Ebay, especially if that's where you plan on selling it.

jaak

Quote from: F8-4life on April 06, 2013, 12:04:33 PM
GRills worth around 1,000. I had 2 complete 69 grills in good shape complete with no cracks. UNrestored Sold them both @ 1k
Id try to avoid shipping as they are fragile. Local sale is best for these.
Anything like 1500-2k.... all that jazz is for restored ones. For just a good cond. original peice I'd say anything around a grand is ok.

I agree, unrestored original that isn't trashed, I would say around 1K. That's what I would guess by watching what sells on CL. I always just surf Mopar/Charger parts on all of craigs, and it seems like decent originals in the 800-1000 price range seem to sell (ad is removed quickly) While ones with ludicrous prices stay on there until the ad expires. Can't really use eBay as a guide. It it were mine I'd ask 1200 (you know folks want to haggle on the price), then the first to show up with around 1k....I'd take it.

Jason

375instroke

If checking eBay, use completed listings that actually sold.  I got my unrestored complete '69 grill, with only a crack behind the I piece, completely covered by it, and a dented I piece for less than $800 after shipping.

Lee A

I don't think many people will buy used ones if they can get new parts that are better in up and coming time like vectors right now they are remaking them this year 600 a pair is no more
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Lee A

A 69 grille is like a tire would you pay big bucks for a used patched tire or a little less for a brand new part people saved 1 or 2 spare grilles or the years I wish I would of want till now I spent lots on junk 5 years ago
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

F8-4life

A 69 grille is like a tire

got a laugh out of that. thanks.

Lee A

ok compare it to a fender or a door that only fits 68 to 70 chargers or a hood. My doors were rotten inside and my hood and fenders why would i fix or patch when i can put a brand new one one the old fixed ones are going to increase the value of your car and with show signs of fatigue 5 years down the road why work with old stuff when new is at your finger tips sure you can fix a grille but they are so brittle it will crack out down the road my 68 has and that was after 10 years and only 1500 miles after that i save up and buy new the old tire was a referrence to compare to at the end of the day doesnt matter what it is, it is still patched used equipment
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

F8-4life

Quote from: F8-4life on April 20, 2013, 02:37:46 PM
A 69 grille is like a tire

got a laugh out of that. thanks.

I hear ya, except the grills they dont repop like the metal. And like you said they are very fragile..hence the high $$ they command even used.

Lee A

The repopped Center section I got is awesome not fragile at all I can squeeze the fins together with no fear of it breaking if they do the buckets too at bobfist the used ones will not command a high price at all
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Lee A on April 21, 2013, 02:02:21 PM
I can squeeze the fins together with no fear of it breaking
Ruh roh.... I hope it doesn't sag in the hot sun!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JB400

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 21, 2013, 02:07:13 PM
Quote from: Lee A on April 21, 2013, 02:02:21 PM
I can squeeze the fins together with no fear of it breaking
Ruh roh.... I hope it doesn't sag in the hot sun!!
Time will tell.  :scratchchin: :popcrn: