News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Entering a non-running Charger into a Mopar show

Started by 69bronzeT5, April 15, 2013, 07:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would YOU enter it into the show?

Yes
16 (22.5%)
No
49 (69%)
Other (post your "other")
6 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Baldwinvette77

It would only get laughed at by seriously uncool people  :popcrn: in the ratrod world this car is 99% finished, just needs new plumbing  :shruggy:

JB400

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 17, 2013, 10:05:49 PM
Like I said, in the real world most people would probably laugh unless it was for sale.  :Twocents:
No one is going to laugh at the car.  That's just dumb.  There will be a few interested in it.  There will be a few more that will give it a quick glance, and then move on.  But, since it's a project, with not much done to it, most will overlook it.

Cooter

Maybe get it where it will fire up Cody and Take it to the show on the trailer JUST LIKE a HEMI show queen!! Then laugh when people ask Why it's on thew trailer, and you reply "I didn't want to risk dmamaging the paint driving it there".

Screw with people at the show. It's SO MUCH FUN! You wouldn't believe how dumb many of the "so-called" Experts are. Many times, you don't even have to be rude, just catch them in a line of BS and laugh. But above all else, It's all about YOU and YOUR car. No one else. I'd take it not running simply for spite myself.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Cooter on April 18, 2013, 06:48:44 AM
Maybe get it where it will fire up Cody and Take it to the show on the trailer JUST LIKE a HEMI show queen!! Then laugh when people ask Why it's on thew trailer, and you reply "I didn't want to risk dmamaging the paint driving it there".

Screw with people at the show. It's SO MUCH FUN! You wouldn't believe how dumb many of the "so-called" Experts are. Many times, you don't even have to be rude, just catch them in a line of BS and laugh. But above all else, It's all about YOU and YOUR car. No one else. I'd take it not running simply for spite myself.

Gotta admit, sometimes it IS fun to screw with people. Not to be mean, but when they do it themselves, and all you need to do....is wait for it.  :angel:

71ChallengeHer

Cody, if it makes you happy , take it.  :2thumbs:  The charity car show I have every year has an under construction class. And guys asked me to add that class, so they could bring their projects and hang out. The 1st year we trailered the Super Coupe to the show and had it on display.  :cheers:   

greenpigs

Still it would be a better use of your extra time & money to get it roadworthy, then go to shows as it looks now.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

UH60L

Quote from: Cooter on April 17, 2013, 12:03:01 PM
Quote from: UH60L on April 17, 2013, 12:12:22 AM
If you have a trailer, put it in the "under construction" class.  At least it would really BE "under construction". 
I lost in that class to a '55 chevy once,  that was literally just missing the rear bumper (that had been removed that morning due to an incident with a tree).  It was a completely restored and fully functional car.  There was nothing "under construction" about it.
Once my car came out of the body shop with new paint, I vowed never to enter it as "under construction" again (even though it's nowhere near done or running), because I don't consider that a fair competition.
I wouldn't want a trophy for something I basically cheated to win.

See, my whole problem with going to Car shows for the Trophy hopes is the fact that If it's "Viewers Choice", or even judged, there's Always something that seems a little "off" about how the winners are picked. First off, with the latter, you are at the mercy of whatever the judge/s like personally. they may not even know a Plymouth, but know the hell out of a Chevy. And the General Public?? OMG! Gimme a break. All they know is what they saw on the latest video games, or what they saw Vin Diesel drive in the latest movie.

Most of the shows I go to, the "under construction" category (and most other categories) is judged by the show entrants.  IE, only the people who enter a car in the show get to judge most of the categories.  At least one of those shows, the one my club puts on, is mopar only, thus no worry about chevys or fords or whatever.

As I said, I got beat by a car that was, until that morning, fully restored, but the guy hit something with the rear bumper (tree I think) and took it off for the show, then entered it in under construction.  Thus, in my opinion, some shows need more specific rules about what their categories are or require.

I know at our show, if a b-body has more than a couple minor modifications (modern tires or wheels for example) it goes into the b-body modified class.  Some people get upset when we tell them they can't enter as a stock car with a different motor than what their car originally had......but it's not fair to other entrants when you have a 572 crate hemi dual carb setup in a supposedly stock '68 charger.

It all comes down to how much integrity the people running the show have.  Some don't have much....

As for people laughing at the car, I say screw-em.  A lot of the people I see laughing and talking crap about the cars in shows are people who drove up in econo-boxes or walked in off the street, and don't even own a show car.  (and from listening to some of their conversations about 80 percent of them are either clueless or very mixed up about old cars......had one guy very recently swear to me he had a mustang mach 1 with a hemi in it back in the day------stock from the factory........)

mauve66

most shows have a fun field and a judged field.
when i took Mary back in 04 or so she was barely runable and the interior wasn't finished, i parked way away from the "done" cars so as not to offend them and now regret it. my car was so far away from the rest that not very many people came by to see her and given her history as a little old lady car and the 2 year only color, i now feel she deserved better.  Even at a Mopar show a 1st gen is fairly rare (more new challys and chargers). 
MATS used to have an under construction field but i don't think they do now.  For the extra price of getting the car in its more convienent than walking from the parking lot back and forth everyday, especially if your still buying parts at the swap
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

F8-4life

I will tow my 69 project charger (similer to yours) to any show in the state if it means tempted by 10k offers!
Sell it or fix it...or I guess you have to trailer it around.