News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Fluids/Oils to use

Started by MackDa600, April 04, 2013, 09:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MackDa600

Rebuilt trans, want to know best tranny fluid for it (727), and how many qts considering its bone dry.

Rebuilt diff. Best oil? Weight? Additive? Qty?

Best oil filter for rebuilt engine BREAK-IN?

Coolant?

:shruggy:

Dmichels

IMHO for normal use ANY decent quality oil/fluid will be fine. I have used Wally World oil and filters for years without any trouble. Now I am sure people will come along and tell me XXX brand is better and why. You will get the guys that tell that synthetic is the best.  Thats fine. I have 20 plus years using basic oils and have never had a oil related failure.

727 Dextron 3  is fine 8 to 9 quarts I have run ford type F which they say gives you firmer shifts. There are also other fluids out there that tell you they are the best new snake oil

Rear 80-w90 of your choice if you have a sure-grip you need to put in the aditive.

Engine use any 10w30 of your choice any filter is fine. It is a very good idea to add some ZDDP aditive as the cams and lifters need this to prevent wear. This is a must for brake in.

Coolant. I like the green stuff what ever is on sale.

68 440 4 speed 4.10