News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

opinions please re: paint

Started by beedees, April 10, 2013, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beedees

I haven't done any paint/bodywork for quite awhile and don't really know what to use. I have always used DuPont Chroma Color / Chroma Clear, except for one time using their Nason brand and was not all impressed with their clear-coat. I'm doing collision work on my Jeep and it is a deep blue and am kinda concerned about the depth and how it will compare to the factory finish. I think Duponts is too pricey for me now. Any thoughts on this subject? Thanks

charger500rt71

Any painter will tell you the brand really doesn't matter, they all have top notch expensive stuff and low quality cheap stuff. The real issue is color match, very hard to get correct for the do it yourselfer. The metallic the factory uses is slightly different than the paint store guys have, you will almost always have to blend into the next panel to trick the eye. Good luck.

AKcharger