News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Using "adhesion promoter" in the door jamb area?

Started by b5blue, April 04, 2013, 06:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Like "Bulldog Adhesion Promoter" and SEM has one also. I'll be painting my door jams soon and there just is no way to scuff everything well by the hinges without removing the doors. The plan is epoxy primer reduced 20% for a sealer, let that flash and 2 coats of topcoat. (White single stage urethane.) What worked well for you?  :shruggy:   

Dino

Degrease as best as you can and use a red scotch-brite pad to get the paint to dull.  You'll be able to do just about the whole jamb without removing the door.  I don't think you'll need an adhesion promoter but it doesn't hurt.  One dry coat should do it.

I'm assuming you're doing wet to wet painting?  Let the primer flash plenty but don't wait too long either.  Two coats of single stage will be fine.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Yea thanks!  :2thumbs: Bulldog per can-epoxy seal-2X topcoat, all wet on wet. (After a good scrubbing.)

Charger-Bodie

When using adhesion promoter, pretend that you aren't using it. Scuff that thing like there's no tommorow, then as an extra step use the bulldog .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

b5blue

elitecustombody

Quote from: b5blue on April 04, 2013, 05:01:30 PM
yea I've got a bunch of green scrubbies!  :2thumbs:

Why not use the right product for the job instead of creating problems? A box of red scuff pads is $20 

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

NorwayCharger

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 04, 2013, 02:32:05 PM
When using adhesion promoter, pretend that you aren't using it. Scuff that thing like there's no tommorow, then as an extra step use the bulldog .

:Twocents:
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Dino

Quote from: b5blue on April 04, 2013, 05:01:30 PM
yea I've got a bunch of green scrubbies!  :2thumbs:

Get the red ones buddy, green ain't gonna cut it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.