News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what happens when you take your Bird to work

Started by boss429kiwi, April 03, 2013, 03:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

This is what happens when you take your Superbird to work, it ends up in the local news paper.

http://www.drivesouth.co.nz/blog/classic-motoring-americana-goes-underground-for-a-week

Gary
New Zealand
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

jonw29

pettybird

thehemikid

Beautiful!!!.....& hope the people next to ya were "door ding" conscious!   :coolgleamA:

If this were 30 yrs ago you might find under your driver side wiper at the end of the day, ...a note: "if you ever decide to sale" with a name & number.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ventwing

very cool

way to go driving your car and enjoying it

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

SBBob

I just LOVE these kind of stories.  Great to see it out in public.  Sometimes I take mine to work on a Saturday.  It drives the manager nuts as i drive and am away from the store a lot and he gets to field the questions.  Needless to say over the past couple of years he has become very knowledgeable about the Superbirds and Daytona.  Thanks goodness the weather is getting better and I feel the itch for a drive coming on.
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

dreamcatcher

1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 03, 2013, 08:02:37 PM
Large cojones for parking there! :eek:

Not only that, but for parking nose OUT !  :icon_smile_big:

If and when I attempt such a feat, I will probably park nose in, as I figure the likelihood of severe damage to the nose will be less if I park nose-in ( that's my theory anyway,  :lol: ) .

I can see someone driving along the lane or backing up and not looking and BAM ! Crunched nose :brickwall:

OldGuy

I thought Buddy Baker's Dodge Daytona was the first car to go over 200 mph on a closed circuit course?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdwhM5xB-8Y
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

boss429kiwi

Quote from: OldGuy on April 04, 2013, 06:57:44 PM
I thought Buddy Baker's Dodge Daytona was the first car to go over 200 mph on a closed circuit course?!

Yes, your obviously correct, but we are talking about a News Paper writer in New Zealand writing a piece on a Superbird. He would have googled the information and we all know how accurate that would have been for him.
Every article I have ever had about my cars, especially the Boss 429 were full of errors and miss-quotes.
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

odcics2

:2thumbs:  Crank it up!   :cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on April 04, 2013, 08:57:19 PM

:2thumbs:  Crank it up!   :cheers:

If only Jim McKay would shut up and let us listen to the engine. 

odcics2

:iagree:

Wonder if there a program out there that could get rid of the talking??   :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?