News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct fan spacer

Started by Voss, April 02, 2013, 02:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

This winter I have worked on the cooling system on my 68 R/T (22" rad, no A/C), will post some pics about it later. When I bought the car the cooling system was quite messed up with many wrong parts so I decided to bring it back to all factory style with correct original parts. Got a correct 2898045 22" radiator, a 7 blade 2863224 fan, a 2 piece steel fan shroud, a radiator to hood seal, new correct heater hoses, a rebuilt thermostat housing and a stock 180 degree thermostat.

What I can't figure out is what fan spacer I should use. The fan spacer on the car as it sits now is 2003059, but according to my parts book that spacer would be 1.60". But it only measures about 1.36" (sorry for the metric unit in the pic). So I'm thinking it is mixed up at some point by a previous owner. And 2003059 is wrong for my car anyway since I think it is for A/C cars.

Was the fan spacer really a 2 piece design (like in the pics) or what's about that? And I am not able to figure out the correct fan spacer for my car. The service manual states 1.24", but that does not add up with the parts book. And checking Galen Goviers little books confuses me even more since several parts would be good. The closest guess I have now is 1851959 which is 1.06". But I am kind of lost... Any good advice?  :popcrn: