News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Long time no visit

Started by theguitardoctor, April 02, 2013, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theguitardoctor

Hi there,

It's been a long time since I last posted as a bunch of situations hit me in one fell swoop. I lost a close relative to cancer, then I had notice given by my landlord that the house I was renting had been sold and we needed to move out..then we bought a boat to live on and I've been working on that most of the time...hence the 71 charger project got shelved.

Anyway long story short, I'm hoping to get back to the charger resto. A quick recap..my charger is a 440/727 transplant into what I presume is the base model. The engine had a bunch of mods as it was planned for the strip, but the previous owner sold it before it ever got there. I bought it as a project with the idea of going the hotrod route rather than concourse. It has custom side pipes for a start anyway! I've half decided to do a homage to Richard Pettys #43 charger as it has always appealed to me (despite me being Uk born and based) since I was a child.

Has anyone else gone this route on the forum?

First stages planned are to cut out the overplated (previously rusted through) floorpans and replace with new, then rebuild the interior. I did get as far as having the door cards recovered and sourcing 71 charger seats before all the above rained down on me. However, the seats came without any fixings, so I'm struggling as to what to do. Parts in the uk are thin on the ground, so I wondered if there were any suggestions as to a solution. I do have friends that can weld and modify, but a starting point is needed...I had the idea of maybe some kind of universal subframe and rails but I'm lost as to what might work...?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rt green

like the petty idea. you could use nascar type seats if you went that route.  also, you could skip alot of stock parts if you did it that way. would be pretty cool.
third string oil changer