News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good day at the junkyard.. Scores....

Started by hemi68charger, January 02, 2006, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 21, 2006, 08:52:36 AM
Quote from: Shakey on February 20, 2006, 08:01:21 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 02, 2006, 04:55:48 PM
Hey gang..
Thought on my day off I'd hit the boneyard.. Well, I'm glad I did.. Scored not one, but two Bendix power brake boosters... Along with that, alot of misc. nuts, bolts and fasteners for my Chargers.....  We al know how hard it is to find these booster, especially in your own backyard.........
I needed a nice day walking through the junkyards.... It's good for the mental health of a gearhead.........
Found this poor '68 Crown Imperial.. Loaded to the hilt... Really digged that rear a/c unit....
Troy

1. The poor '68 Crown Imperial..
2. The boosters.. One still in the car and the other, just laying in the trunk.. The easiest find ever..
3. The one in the car...
4. Boosters at MY house..  :icon_smile_big:

OK, some questions for you Troy....

What kind of car did they come out of?

Do you know much about these as far as if they interchange with different master cylinders?

I am trying to put my '69 440 disc brake car back together with all of the proper items and I would like to source a Bendix booster.

You also mention that most know that the hemi booster is different - how so?

Here is my thread with questions for the board members.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9884.0.html

Shakey, I replied to your question in the tech section..........

Troy

I looked at the thread in the Tech Section and I see a photo and

QuoteHere's a Bendix Booster with the disc brake master cylinder... This is a set for power disc brakes...
You'll probably recognize the picture of the T5 Daytona on ebay..

What about the three questions above regarding the boosters you scored at the salvage yard?

What kind of car did they come out of?

Do you know much about these as far as if they interchange with different master cylinders?

You also mention that most know that the hemi booster is different - how so?

What is the difference with the hemi vs. 440 brake booster?  I am interested.

Please let me know when you can.

Thanks Troy.