News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Date Code Deciphering

Started by Speedfreak, March 29, 2013, 05:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedfreak

Set of Magnum wheels, date code is 1 31.  What does this work out to??

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69CoronetRT

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Speedfreak

Quote from: Tilar on March 29, 2013, 05:59:22 PM
January 1931?    :shruggy:

Wow, these must have been the original prototypes, 35 years before they were released, gotta be worth a lot!! :smilielol:

Speedfreak

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on March 29, 2013, 07:07:03 PM
Does this help?

This might do it, there should be a year code stamped somewhere before the date 1 31.  Could be since these were sand blasted and restored, maybe the year code might have been lost if it was not too legible to begin with? is that a possibility?

bill440rt

The year should be under the "M".
Here's another pic of a date code if this helps. This one is 4-11-70. The "0" under the "M" is the year.

BTW, if you have any April '70 dated wheels, I'd be interested!  :yesnod:  :cheers:

Also, there should be a 7-digit part number behind the valve stem. What is the part number on your wheels?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Speedfreak

Quote from: bill440rt on March 29, 2013, 07:59:07 PM
The year should be under the "M".
Here's another pic of a date code if this helps. This one is 4-11-70. The "0" under the "M" is the year.

BTW, if you have any April '70 dated wheels, I'd be interested!  :yesnod:  :cheers:

Also, there should be a 7-digit part number behind the valve stem. What is the part number on your wheels?

Not mine yet, may pick them off this guy, but trying to find out his date code.  Would be an extra plus if they were close to build date.