News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Feds took my disc brakes

Started by twodko, March 28, 2013, 12:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Well crap and dammit! To my great dismay the Feds want $1500 in tax this year. There goes my disc brake conversion. Did I say crap and dammit?   :icon_smile_angry:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Old Moparz

That's strange, I thought Saturday deliveries from the Post Office were going to be cut before disc brakes.   :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bull

My returns have been going down steadily over the past 4-5 years and it was all but erased this year. I got a measly $800 back, which is about 30% of what I got back in 2007 with a similar income. Oh Bummer!

71ChallengeHer

PocketThunder

Quote from: twodko on March 28, 2013, 12:57:48 PM
Well crap and dammit! To my great dismay the Feds want $1500 in tax this year. There goes my disc brake conversion. Did I say crap and dammit?   :icon_smile_angry:

I hope your voting this past november reflected your feelings.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mytur Binsdirti

Well crap and dammit! To my great dismay the Feds want $1500 in tax this year.

I hate to break it to you, but this time next year, you'll be wishing you only had to pay an additional $1,500.00.   :smilielol:

resq302

ya say there is going to be a revolution in the future?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

68X426

Quote from: resq302 on March 28, 2013, 03:17:01 PM

Just wait till you see the new year's health insurance premiums.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

chargerboy69

Quote from: 68X426 on March 28, 2013, 04:20:34 PM

And we have a winner.  They are expected to skyrocket. . . . .but I thought they were supposed to go down.  Who would have guess that.  :P
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

XH29N0G

Remember sitting in the car as a kid in the 70's on the way to the farms with a 5 farmers talking about taxes.  Not one was lower than a 50% bracket.   :think: :think:

The way I see it is either taxes are on their way up, OR this country is going broke, Or we cut everything including things we need (like military). 

I'm not holding my breath.  Makes me think about paying taxes now rather than sheltering to pay later at a higher rate.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

MrSnicks

I am going to be paying $1800.00 to the Feds this year myself.

Patrick Nooning

Todd Wilson

Quote from: bull on March 28, 2013, 01:15:23 PM
My returns have been going down steadily over the past 4-5 years and it was all but erased this year. I got a measly $800 back, which is about 30% of what I got back in 2007 with a similar income. Oh Bummer!

Child tax credit has dwindled and it is cut in half for 2013. I am like you my return has taken a massive drop in the 4-5 years as well.

Todd

Todd Wilson

Well we got to take some fancy vacation trips this year from the White House so your money is greatly appreciated!  Obama's daughter is taking friends to the Bahama's for spring break!

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 28, 2013, 05:44:21 PM
Quote from: 68X426 on March 28, 2013, 04:20:34 PM

YUP!  What will happen is the prices will go up..............business's wont be able to afford it and cancel.................familys wont be able to afford it or will go ahead and try to pay for it and have less money to spend on living and economy.   For those that think they will get a health insurance credit or payment from the gubment to help them buy a health care policy will find out they have to qualify with a certain income level which most wont meet so you will be SOL there.............SO we will have lots of people out there with no insurance so they will get on the gubment plan................I have yet to see what the gubment plan covers..........if its anything like there rest of the gubment agencies out there you'll be dead before you get the care you need waiting on approvals and red tape...............

Todd

And we have a winner.  They are expected to skyrocket. . . . .but I thought they were supposed to go down.  Who would have guess that.  :P

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 28, 2013, 06:05:37 PM

The way I see it is either taxes are on their way up, OR this country is going broke, Or we cut everything including things we need (like military). 

Don't think there's an "or"......

Think it's an "all of the above"

And worse.

If you check out what the EU is doing with savings/401s.......

oldcarnut

I've avg.d about $3000-$4500 additional owed last few years  :eek2: even claiming 0 and 1 on the W2.  Haven't done this years yet  :'(

Mike DC

QuoteThe way I see it is either taxes are on their way up, OR this country is going broke, Or we cut everything including things we need (like military). 

IMHO we could stand to cut some of our military spending. 

nvrbdn

now, this is what i heard. i think they said in 2017 you will be taxed for the figure on your w-2 that your company claims they pay for your health care. part of the obama health care package. if your company claims that they spend 15000, then it will be considered income and taxed that way. someone tell me if this is an absolute. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

They're robbing us blind and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.  :brickwall:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

b5blue

Has anyone added up what our wars have cost?  :shruggy: I know the human cost, I work at the V.A. and it breaks my heart.  :rotz:

resq302

Quote from: Fred on March 29, 2013, 06:35:36 PM
They're robbing us blind and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.  :brickwall:

Actually, yes, there is.  Its called a revolution.  We did it back when against the British for taxing the people too much!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

XH29N0G

Quote from: resq302 on March 29, 2013, 08:30:19 PM
They're robbing us blind and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.  :brickwall:

Actually, yes, there is.  Its called a revolution.  We did it back when against the British for taxing the people too much!

From wikipediacommons
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fred

Quote from: resq302 on March 29, 2013, 08:30:19 PM

Actually, yes, there is.  Its called a revolution.  We did it back when against the British for taxing the people too much!

That being said, take a look at the people all over the world that are revolting now.........are they any better off? And every time you think you're ellecting a new government in the hope that things will be/get better, it seems it just takes over from where the last one left off and we the people are still getting screwd.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Iceyone

Wow you guys must all be rich because Obama said taxes won't go up for all us poor married couples making less than $250,000 a year. Everyone knows that everthing Obama says is true and he'd never lie to us.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal