News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bit deflated since selling the dodge

Started by Aussie R/T, March 31, 2013, 04:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie R/T

You guys might not know that I sold my 70 R/T pretty much had to be done thanks to the f/witt painter who had the car for two and half years {check avitar}anyway in this muscle car financial climate got a pretty penny for it considering the state.Moving on got a txt from my eldest son he is an "X" ford Australia Mechanic and has spent a fair time putting a killer XR6 Turbo ute together over the last couple of years.To date the car has run up to 611 RWHP and was run up a bit short of potential as the fuel pump ran out of puff.I digress the txt read Dad you want to swap utes for the week-end as I want to go camping at stoney crreek north of yeppoon.hell yea I say.Swapping 200 RWHP for 600 was just the ticket I needed.Here's some pics of my son playing in his ute at the drags.

charger Downunder

Ute looks good, save up and get another Dodge, one that is more complete and ready to drive. As for the painter after three months nothing done i would of pulled it from him.
[/quote]

Aussie R/T

they did do a lot of rust work.20 20 hind sight is a wonderful thing.Cars in sydney now and new owner says he will keep me informed.

XH29N0G

Never completely understood the utes, but what you guys do in australia with them is impressive.   I noticed alot of tire marks all over the roads when I visitied and assume this must be part of your culture. 

I would keep the dream going with the chargers.

Sounds like your son has a sense of humor and is headed somewhere nice north of yeppon.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Aussie R/T

XH the tyre marks are the norm now days,usually from auto's locking the brakes on which is a bit pussy if you ask me.Son is a funny bugger alright and nice idea with the ute swap.I get you on the ute thing though.I had a style side {as pictured} then bought a 1 tonne completely different.Style sides are a happy medium between a sedan and ute and carry about 550KG's a tonner just starts to ride nice with 500KG's on board.