News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How long can it POSSIBLY TAKE!

Started by DadsCharger00, March 25, 2013, 12:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottawamerc

Quote from: Cooter on March 29, 2013, 11:56:47 AM
Quote from: GreatPumpkin on March 29, 2013, 10:26:22 AM
I can say that many guys over the past few years have become somewhat spoiled by some of these modern "reality" shows that are shown on TV. (you know what I am talking about) They watch these shows religiously and believe that this is somehow related to real life, and that's how you "restore" high value quality automobiles.

That there is bout the Gospel if I've heard it. People will blame anybody but themsleves for a shoddy paint/body job. Everybody WANTS that badass, flawless, paint like a mirror, paint job, but like everything else in this day and age, they want it YESTERDAY and don't want to pay for it.
What kills me is the fact that many shrug off my $10K quote and go pay Maaco $1500.00 and BRAG about how "great" it looks for the money.. When If I paint it, MY REPUTATION is on their car. If I paint it, I don't want to hear "yeah, Cooter screwed up my car, but I'm not gonna tell you that I backed him up against a wall and refused to pay more than $1000.00 for a $10K body/paint job"....

Cooter you hit the nail right on the head, that there my friend is the truth want to believe it or not it is :Twocents:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Old Moparz

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on March 25, 2013, 06:39:30 PM
Worst part is I know the guy. Were friends. We hang out.  I know the grill isn't busted...yet.  but I'm there on a regular basis because his shop connects to my tattoo guy.  Juat really frustrating because he wanted to partner up for awhile and flip motorcycles together but this whole situation makes a guy question any type of investment.

The fact that you are questioning it is good & that you "may have learned" from the grille experience with your friend about how he operates. If he's your friend & you want to keep it that way, don't become partners in any business related venture. That doesn't mean he's a bad person or that he plans to rip you off or take advantage of you, only that his work ethic may differ from yours enough to ruin the friendship.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

remta1

made the mistake when i was younger by telling the bodyshop guy to "just work on itt when he had a chance "  :brickwall:big mistake ..got a really good guy now though  :icon_smile_big: