News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wolfie's 71 restoration

Started by Wolfie12B, December 04, 2012, 05:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: billfury on January 15, 2013, 07:17:05 AM
Go to Costco and buy the big box of Ziploc bags. Buy a bunch of sharpies and bag & tag everything. Make a list of what you have and another list of what you need. Try to use one of those notebooks that the pages don't fall out. Check out all venders for the parts you need to get the cheapest price. The forum sometimes has discounts that will save you some money you just need a code. Good luck and have some fun. :cheers:

:yesnod:
Take pictures as you're disassembling as well. 
:2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

ACUDANUT

IMO, I would just put a Craigslist add out.  Put it in the cars for sale section and put wanted in there...i.e.  Find a better one to fix up. I love 71/72 Chargers, but that thing is roached.

Wolfie12B

So. Im selling it. Anyone in Wisconsin want a parts 71? Otherwise Im just going to sell it for what I paid for it. Ive got some nicer parts for it that I got free. I think I will be putting up an Ad on here and Craigslist too.

NHCharger

The song Another bites the Dusts comes to mind here. Glad you realized what a money pit you had there, and this is coming from a 3rd gen luver.
I saw you post that you are looking for a 73/74 for 3k. That should buy you a decent driver that you can work on as you drive it :cheers: :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ACUDANUT

Yea, sell it as is and find a better candidate to fix up.  Parting it out ain't gonna give you 600.00 IMO.

Wolfie12B

Well I the other parts might. Im gonna sell it they way it is with some more parts I got free and hope to get what i paid for it. Or if i am extremely luck more then i paid. But I doubt that highly

GreatPumpkin

Just saw your thread.
And I am going to add my 2 cents for whatever its worth.
You are in way over your head on this one at your skill level.

Your best possible choice is to strip anything off that you could possibly sell for a few bucks at a swap meet or craigs list and try that ( there is very little that I can see that would be useful.) and sell the carcass at scrap metal prices. You may get close to recouping your money, but dont count on it. You will be very lucky to break even at this point.

Probably will have to take a bit of a loss, but at least you didnt stick 1000 frustrating man hours and another 5K into it first.

Its a lesson learned..walk away.

GreatPumpkin

Saw that you are in Wisconsin.
Where are you located, what is your realistic budget, I'll help you find a better charger body, can you transport?

Wolfie12B

Quote from: GreatPumpkin on March 29, 2013, 12:39:29 PM
Saw that you are in Wisconsin.
Where are you located, what is your realistic budget, I'll help you find a better charger body, can you transport?

Elkhart Lake. Near Road America. I have 2 grand in my bank account right now. I should have another grand soon (why on my wanted thread I said 3 grand). I really dont want another body right now. I would much rather (if I can find one) get a 73/74 with a small block that can be driven and worked on. Instead of sitting and being stuck in the snow and all that other crap. Plus i will be moving soon. Another reason why I am selling the money pit.