News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona grille questions

Started by 69HemiBee, March 26, 2013, 02:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69HemiBee

After glass beading as carefully as is possible the grille frame it is close to junk. Who makes a nice repro? It looks like the grille was painted seperately from the nose. It seems to me then that the screws holding it at the bottom should be natural finish. Am I right?  Does the front spoiler get painted off the car. It looks like the original rivnuts were installed on the nose after paint leading me to believe the spoilers were painted off car. On to the wing. It looks like the wing was painted a gloss black instead of semi gloss or matte. Correct? Did the hex head cap screw that holds the horizontal get painted with the wing or were the wings painted as seperate pieces? Sorry for the bother but this thing was so molested it is hard to tell what was what.
Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

69HemiBee

Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

nascarxx29

Dave Patik @PCG had the grille frame or the wingcars club carried it to in the newsletter classifieds.He could also answer your other questions . Seeing the car your doing from your beginning post its came far amazing

http://www.wwnboa.org/daytdetpt2.htm
another good reference source is Hemi Genos daytona resto link
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48725.0.html

Re: hemigeno's Daytona restoration with Dec '09 pics (dial-up beware) by hemigeno

...  things...

First, the screws on the grille screen should not be painted body color. ...
...  noted that black phos screws held my grille frame in place. As to why they shouldn' ...
... , that's a direct function of how the grille was painted in the first place. The  ...
...  mesh and grille frame were painted separate from the  ...
... . In fact, the grille mesh and frame were normally painted  ...
...  color paint found on my car behind the grille frame itself (I went back and looked at  ...
...  the case) and the body color on the grille mesh behind where the frame would  ...
... . The nosecone was painted without the grille frame/mesh installed, so the screw  ...
...  both had unpainted chrome screws in the grille frame. Plus, if you look at one of the  ...
...  see bright-headed screws holding the grille frame in place.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87885.msg991965/topicseen.html#msg991965
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DAY CLONA

69HemiBee,...if you need a steel repro grille frame for a Daytona, I have them in stock, I don't have grille screen mat'l in stock, but that's available from other sources. I do include the hardware to mount the grille frame, PM me here on Dodgecharger.com if your interested

Mike

DAY CLONA

Here's Brians Tona' (1hotdaytona) wearing one of my grilles, front spoiler, scoops...and IIRC headlight doors also

Mike

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69HemiBee

Here you can see why I have so many questions. Not much left to document.

69HemiBee

It is feeling much better now.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69HemiBee on April 01, 2013, 07:42:22 PM

i see you used the ton of JB weld method   :yesnod: :yesnod: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

69HemiBee

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 01, 2013, 05:09:07 PM
Here's Brians Tona' (1hotdaytona) wearing one of my grilles, front spoiler, scoops...and IIRC headlight doors also

Mike

Bugs and all!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 01, 2013, 11:39:20 PM

Mike

Bugs and all!
if you drive them that what those noses are for , BUG KILLERS    :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on April 02, 2013, 09:11:22 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 01, 2013, 11:39:20 PM

Mike

Bugs and all!
if you drive them that what those noses are for , BUG KILLERS    :icon_smile_big:

The pic right above the bug pic is. From when I was building my Daytona.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69HemiBee on April 01, 2013, 07:42:22 PM

Is that true original nose repaired or a repro?

69HemiBee

A little of both. Sections of it are from Gene Gregory parts. I used as much of the original as was possible.