News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

information booklet

Started by hemikev, March 24, 2013, 03:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemikev

If you guys and girls were to publish an information booklet on different model mopars , 1 model at a time ,  what do you want to read , what do you want to see , what would make you refer back to that book again and again ,  what info do you want to know that you havnt seen before .   Just pickin your brains here .  thanx

Kowal

Honest to goodness reference pics of winning Mopar Nats cars.  Often Mopar books simply have pics of cars from guys the author knew, each car having some compromise or inaccuracy.   I did have two cars, a Cuda and a Challenger, in published books.  Mine were close to reference level, but not quite.  Nothing like we see here.

Better info on options and models available.   Great example is in the middle of Bob Genat's Six Pack book.  

Accurate info on parts by year.  The Herd books are famously flawed, but at least the flaws are well known.  The Schild books are closer but still suffer with some errors.  Most of us have learned what radiator, fan, carb options, shields, etc.. through stalking Moparts, here, the Lift Off Hood Forum (which has several stunningly good reference car archives).

My opinion...we don't need more pretty picture books, there are already quite a few out there, best being maybe the Mueller book, "The complete book of Dodge and Plymouth muscle".

You could try, but it would be very tough to beat Shepard's engine books.   Finkbeiner's suspension book is also interesting though not as much of a how to as Shepard's books.
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."