News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Real Nice White Talladega....

Started by A383Wing, April 06, 2013, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

......just sold at Barrett Jackson for $50k

I think it went too cheap.....but I don't have any money anyway

waiting for Doug's thoughts on this one

Bryan

JB400

That was a great looking car.  Too bad I couldn't get it. :'(  It really should have went for more than it did.  I guess Talladega prices are right there with Charger 500's. 

jonw29

Rather late production.I dont believe that I would sell my car for that.

Aero426

I don't understand why, but Talladega prices do seem to lag behind those of comparable Charger 500.   Don't ask me why.   

A383Wing

I was thinking that car should have brought at least $75k

Bryan

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Aero426 on April 06, 2013, 02:18:51 PM
I don't understand why, but Talladega prices do seem to lag behind those of comparable Charger 500.   Don't ask me why.    

Really Doug, YOU don't know why??  :rotz:  
Because they're FORDS , that's why!!  :D
Your pennance will be to put a " My other car is a Pinto" on the rear bumper of your Superbird  :lol:

held1823

what if his other car is a superbird, too?...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Redbird

I am a fan of the Blue Oval stuff. They had a good total performance package and were very successful at racing across the board.

I think the Talledaga has several major issues that hold it back and I believe will hold it back.

First, when one explains why it was successful and most listening say "explain that again?".

Second, no special engine or even engine of note. Then when one has to explain that the engine that made the car successful at racing was only installed in another car, the car becomes a 3rd tier collectable. If it would have had a Boss 9 or even a 427 it would have been collectable.

Most everyone can't tell it from any other Torino.

jonw29

It is pretty disheartening owning one knowing that they do not get the respect that other aero cars do.If I do decide to take it to a show/gathering I spend most of my time explaining to people what it is.Its really frustrating.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: jonw29 on April 07, 2013, 01:30:54 PM
It is pretty disheartening owning one knowing that they do not get the respect that other aero cars do.If I do decide to take it to a show/gathering I spend most of my time explaining to people what it is.Its really frustrating.

Been there done that in the 90s and  a lot of Chryco people have never heard of a 500 let alone having seen one I spent a bunch of time explaining what the difference is. You'd need to park with a Torino for people to see the difference. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

pettybird

Quote from: held1823 on April 07, 2013, 11:55:15 AM

I wanted to be an ass and get 'my other car is a Superbird' bumper stickers for both cars.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on April 08, 2013, 09:59:03 AM

I wanted to be an ass and get 'my other car is a Superbird' bumper stickers for both cars.
You wouldnt have need the sticker   :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on April 08, 2013, 10:53:48 AM
Quote from: pettybird on April 08, 2013, 09:59:03 AM

You wouldnt have need the stick   :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

:D

pettybird

Ha well look at it this way--at least you don't have to spend the first half of the conversation UNeducating them about all the wrong stuff they know about wing cars already  :lol:

I love seeing your car around, and I wish more Fords showed up at the meets.  I'd love to have one someday!

jonw29

fc7_plumcrazy

and that happens in the US??

What should we say overhere?

Carsten