News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So...Should I let the Derby guys have it?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 23, 2013, 04:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOTWING

I thought the imperials were "banned" from derby's?? :shruggy: That is what I have heard anyway. If it is as nice as the picture, no way would I pull it apart, :flame: we did that crap in the 80's to many X police cars with 440's though !   :icon_smile_big:

Daytona R/T SE

Due to a terminal illness in the family, doing any resto work on this car or presiding over an ebay
auction would be extremely difficult for me at this time. I need to be able to jump in the truck and be gone at a moment's notice.

The suspected derby guy's offer presents a quick solution...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: GOTWING on March 25, 2013, 10:53:47 AM
I thought the imperials were "banned" from derby's?? :shruggy: That is what I have heard anyway. If it is as nice as the picture, no way would I pull it apart, :flame: we did that crap in the 80's to many X police cars with 440's though !   :icon_smile_big:

They still have "outlaw" derbies where anything goes.

Prize money can be in the thousands of dollars.

dyslexic teddybear

Very much hope things go the best way possible for you and your family.

Understandable that the car is not very high on piroities.....still..... hope someone adopts it.

PocketThunder

:notworthy:   Ok OK!!!!! I up my offer from $800 to $900.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Aero426

Quote from: Scaregrabber on March 24, 2013, 03:45:00 PM
If it was me I would spend the $500 to fix the quarter rust and paint below the rocker trim and then up the price to $6k and at the same time drive and enjoy it. The rust is scaring the buyers off not the price. If no one buys it at $6k you'd still have a really neat car to drive around, I would not repaint the whole car just fix those quarters.

Sheldon

What he said.

1. Drop off at body shop.
2. Write check.
3. Done.

Way too nice to kill.   Just like selling your house, remove the buyers objection.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Aero426 on March 25, 2013, 04:06:17 PM
Quote from: Scaregrabber on March 24, 2013, 03:45:00 PM
If it was me I would spend the $500 to fix the quarter rust and paint below the rocker trim and then up the price to $6k and at the same time drive and enjoy it. The rust is scaring the buyers off not the price. If no one buys it at $6k you'd still have a really neat car to drive around, I would not repaint the whole car just fix those quarters.

Sheldon

What he said.

1. Drop off at body shop.
2. Write check.
3. Done.

Way too nice to kill.   Just like selling your house, remove the buyers objection.

Not gonna happen anytime soon.

Quoting myself from above:

"Due to a terminal illness in the family, doing any resto work on this car or presiding over an ebay
auction would be extremely difficult for me at this time. I need to be able to jump in the truck and be gone at a moment's notice.

The suspected derby guy's offer presents a quick solution..."

Daytona R/T SE

Old Moparz

There's an old expression I've heard since I was a kid. "Shit or get off the pot."   :lol:

I don't mean it in a negative way, I have been faced with it myself when it comes to projects that need to be gone. You know you want/need to sell it, so just re-advertise it with a price that will get it gone, & be done with it. I am going to have to do that same thing this summer with one of my own cars, but not sure which one yet. I know what they are worth, I know what to price them at to move it, & I know I'm going to be annoyed throughout the whole process but it'll have to be done.

My house needed way more work than I originally thought & I have to do all of it myself. If I paid a contractor I'd be selling all the cars to pay him. This has kept me from doing ANYTHING to my cars for well over a year & it still needs a ton of work & I don't see myself getting it done this year. My wife & 40 others were laid off at the school & they are closing one, or possibly two. The 2 part time jobs she has in place of the one she did have, doesn't quite match the income or make it easier, it just makes it more complicated.

I'm not really complaining, I'm just stating that I don't have the time to list a car & answer emails over & over & over. It will have to go fast so I don't have to deal with the knuckledraggers.

Are there any spring swap meets or big shows coming up near you so you can bring it & put a for sale sign in it?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

69rtse4spd

If I could talk my granddaughter into it, would make a perfect first car, turning 16 this year. Big old four door tank, a real survivable car. But grandma doesn't think it's a cool car. If I had the room, but wishful thinking, I like it. 

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on March 25, 2013, 07:26:13 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 25, 2013, 04:35:21 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on March 25, 2013, 02:59:05 PM
:notworthy:   Ok OK!!!!! I up my offer from $800 to $900.   :icon_smile_big:

Uhhh.....

No. :slap: ;)
i'll give 1200.00

Tell ya what, Stewie...

I'll trade ya straight up for that green weenie you drive....

:smilielol: ;)

moparstuart

bull

That land yacht looks pretty nice from the pics. I'd be more apt to sell it to someone who would appreciate it as-is. Most likely you'd get more money for it that way too. Demo guys don't want to pay much for these things, for obvious reasons.

hatersaurusrex

Just a thought, but considering it's overall nice shape, do you think you might try one of those Hollywood companies that rents out cars to people making movies set in the 70's?    If I were closer I'd be happy to trade you a running 383 + cash for that 440 before you sold it, but I'm in the middle of buying a house and can't turn loose any more Charger money right now :(
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Daytona R/T SE

That's it.

Fuck 'em.

:flame: :flame: :flame:

The demo assholes are NOT getting it.

The Imperial is still for sale to someone who will take care of it...

But...

Demo idiots, engine snatchers, and that certain toothless sister humper from Kentucky can all simply

burn in Hell.

I've had this car for 12 years,

I'm not going to put it to death now.

I'll continue to advertise it, and will sell it to the right person.

I may have to rent another building to keep it in in the mean time,

or put one of my other cars in the bird shit barn to make room for my Daytona...

But...

What the hell.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

PocketThunder

Tell me about your explosive diarrhea.?   :shruggy:

Hey, what if Stuart and I pool our money together?   :yesnod:   :2thumbs:  Then stu gets the car 7 months out of the year, lets just say October thru April and I get it May thru Septemter...  now thats a bargain! :callme: :thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 26, 2013, 08:17:52 AM
Tell me about your explosive diarrhea.?   :shruggy:

Hey, what if Stuart and I pool our money together?   :yesnod:   :2thumbs:  Then stu gets the car 7 months out of the year, lets just say October thru April and I get it May thru Septemter...  now thats a bargain! :callme: :thumbs:
hey that sound like a fantastic deal , I get to finance your summer cruiser and then i get to pay to store it for you all winter ,  Win win deal in my mind    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Daytona R/T SE

You guys get your $$$ together and get over here....

Beer's chillin' ;)

dyslexic teddybear

Good news :2thumbs:

A 12 year history.....it derserves to go to a good home.

Will make someone an awesome crusier. Wish it was going to be me.....but I am still 2-3 years away from doing anything.

I understand the too many projects thing.

472 R/T SE

I had an Imp. many years ago.  It was a good, reliable rig at a time when I didn't have a lot of xtra doe so these old machinery deck haulers have a soft spot inside....besides this is such a nice, clean ride, I gotta do my part to help get this sweetheart into the hands of a loving owner.

We've both been on this site for a long time.   I don't remember if I've ever pissed you off & you the same.

How bout this.  I state in the auction that all questions to be answered at once...say 3-5 times.  Also state the personal issues in case, no reason to tell stories.

Also, I have 3 eBay usernames with 100% positive if you want to use one.  I trust you won't dirty one of them up.

Your call.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 26, 2013, 10:20:03 AM
I had an Imp. many years ago.  It was a good, reliable rig at a time when I didn't have a lot of xtra doe so these old machinery deck haulers have a soft spot inside....besides this is such a nice, clean ride, I gotta do my part to help get this sweetheart into the hands of a loving owner.

We've both been on this site for a long time.   I don't remember if I've ever pissed you off & you the same.

How bout this.  I state in the auction that all questions to be answered at once...say 3-5 times.  Also state the personal issues in case, no reason to tell stories.

Also, I have 3 eBay usernames with 100% positive if you want to use one.  I trust you won't dirty one of them up.

Your call.

Thanks for your offer to help with the ebay thing.

I'm going to stick it out with the classified ads for now,until the family thing settles down.

I'd don't think we've ever pissed each other off....if we did....I forgot about long ago... ;)

1970Moparmann

Just put a 01 on two doors and sell it for $4k....

How about a slight wager here...

Whomever can get interest in the car that leads to a sale gets $200 in beer?  I'm in northern IL so I'll represent the Chicagoland area.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!