News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So...Should I let the Derby guys have it?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 23, 2013, 04:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

QuoteAre you the guy that's still pissed off at me because I wouldn't sell it to you for $300?
No, I have had too many land barges in my time, we buy em for around $1000-1500 in the condition your trying to sell that one for. Looks like you will have it a little while longer.  :smilielol: :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 23, 2013, 09:22:33 PM
QuoteAre you the guy that's still pissed off at me because I wouldn't sell it to you for $300?
No, I have had too many land barges in my time, we buy em for around $1000-1500 in the condition your trying to sell that one for. Looks like you will have it a little while longer.  :smilielol: :lol:

So be it. :nana:

stripedelete

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 23, 2013, 09:20:00 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on March 23, 2013, 09:13:26 PM
 One of which is that 137,000 was a super high miler in 1972.

Works out to about 3300 miles a year at this point. ;)

Nice!  I think in sales training that's called  "reduce to the insignificant".

Patronus

I call dibs on the 440n727! That would be perfect for our current '56 project. Where you at??
edit: I'll be back in Wisco around the end of April...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Patronus on March 23, 2013, 10:47:05 PM
I call dibs on the 440n727! That would be perfect for our current '56 project. Where you at??
edit: I'll be back in Wisco around the end of April...

::)

Patronus

:shruggy: had to ask right?  She's a sweet ol' boat. Mom had a 73 Newport, I had the luxury of spring break in that gem. It was dark grey, thought I was in a whale.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

billfury

I hope it does not go to the derby guys. It would suck that the car survived all these years just to be smashed up because of no sale. I do how ever know what you're talking about so I don't want you thinking I'm bashing in any way.

Just to clear some things up with the Imperials.  66 and earlier Imperials were by themselves. They had a bigger lug pattern and different platform. 67 and up everyone seem to call them a C-body, But they were still in a class by themselves. They are considered D-body's. Only 74-75 Imperials are C- body.  :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: billfury on March 24, 2013, 05:06:39 AM
I hope it does not go to the derby guys. It would suck that the car survived all these years just to be smashed up because of no sale. I do how ever know what you're talking about so I don't want you thinking I'm bashing in any way.

Just to clear some things up with the Imperials.  66 and earlier Imperials were by themselves. They had a bigger lug pattern and different platform. 67 and up everyone seem to call them a C-body, But they were still in a class by themselves. They are considered D-body's. Only 74-75 Imperials are C- body.  :2thumbs:

Good info, I think I got my "Ys" and "Ds" mixed up...but I knew it wasn't a "C"  :coolgleamA:

I'm definitely trying to evade the derby guys.

My problem is garage space, or lack there of.

The Daytona will be home in a few months, all painted and shiny, so something has got to go.

The Imperial is at the bottom of my list of cars to work on,

- as in, I'll be long dead before I get around to restoring it-

So it's the logical choice to be sold.

I do have a barn that I rent for some of my other project/parts cars, that I could store the Imperial

in, but...

it would go to hell quickly sitting in that old barn...

Mice. :eek2:

Bird Shit. :eek2: :eek2:

Raccoons :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

'Possums  :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I could build another garage... :scratchchin:

But for that money, I could put a Hemi in the Daytona, finish it completely,

and start on my next project :brickwall:

Indygenerallee

Pre 67 Imperials are D bodies! Here is a article on the whole situation.  http://www.allpar.com/ed/imperial-body.html   
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

472 R/T SE

I remember there being land barge followers like we do Chargers overseas.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 24, 2013, 09:06:20 AM
Pre 67 Imperials are D bodies!   

Can you give the alphabet thing a rest already? :slap:

You're the coolest kid on the playground.  :pity:

You know E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.  :yesnod:

You win. ::)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 24, 2013, 09:11:30 AM
I remember there being land barge followers like we do Chargers overseas.

Yes, One guy from Europe wanted the Imperial.

But...

He said due to HIS shipping costs, I "needed" to drop my price significantly...

AND I also "needed" to falsify some tax document so that he wouldn't have

to pay some big import tax in his country.  :brickwall:

Ain't happenin'  ::)

Scaregrabber

You're probably fixing huge projects instead of primping this car. If it was me I would spend the $500 to fix the quarter rust and paint below the rocker trim and then up the price to $6k and at the same time drive and enjoy it. The rust is scaring the buyers off not the price. If no one buys it at $6k you'd still have a really neat car to drive around, I would not repaint the whole car just fix those quarters.

Sheldon

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Scaregrabber on March 24, 2013, 03:45:00 PM
You're probably fixing huge projects instead of primping this car. If it was me I would spend the $500 to fix the quarter rust and paint below the rocker trim and then up the price to $6k and at the same time drive and enjoy it. The rust is scaring the buyers off not the price. If no one buys it at $6k you'd still have a really neat car to drive around, I would not repaint the whole car just fix those quarters.

Sheldon

No time to "Drive and enjoy it"

No time or room to work on it.

Any old car work going on from here on out will be on the Daytona, or parts there of.

Your plan sounds like a great idea. :2thumbs:

How soon can you get started ?  :scratchchin:

I'll make you a hell of a deal on it. ;)

472 R/T SE

So...do you want to try & sell it on eBay or what? 

Need to be open to overseas buyers'.   Direct deposit into ur account should ease any concerns.

moparstuart

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 24, 2013, 05:08:11 PM
So...do you want to try & sell it on eBay or what? 

Need to be open to overseas buyers'.   Direct deposit into ur account should ease any concerns.
i just sold two over seas , had no problems at all they take all the risk 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Scaregrabber

I would buy it and flip it but you're on the other side of the continent. Seriously, get an estimate on fixing those quarters at a shop if you can't do it yourself. You take the car from project status to drive it status and a lot of people are too lazy or don't want the hassle of fixing that rust. The interior is clean, all the hubcaps are there, the chrome on the bumpers is good, this is a no brainer. What do you think a used car lot would do if this car was 5 years old to max their profit and move it?

Sheldon

Todd Wilson

Its a very nice car. I wouldnt part it out. They are getting more rare by the day. It will be a select crowd that wants the car but my opinion is you are asking too much $$ for it.   Theres a 73 plymouth Fury 4 door with 50k miles thats like brand new here by me hovering around 2500$-3000$ and it hasnt sold. Been for salfe for ever.

Todd

Daytona R/T SE

I guess it will just have to sit outside in the weather once the Daytona comes home. :scratchchin:

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 24, 2013, 11:26:07 PM
I guess it will just have to sit outside in the weather once the Daytona comes home. :scratchchin:

why not do the ebay thing ? the man has offered to set it all up for you . If it doesnt sell its great advertising
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

kokxville

I'm overseas,and indeed for you guys to sell a car overseas,we take all the risk.But:
if i buy a car in the U.S. i have to trust the seller.If he states the car is in good condition,i have to believe him.For the amount of $3500 usd,i need to fly forth and back to see the car in person.Then i have to have the car shipped,pay taxes,have it licensed and on and on.This same car will cost me around $8000.00 usd to $ 9000.00 usd.Is this car worth this amount of money these days?I don't think so. :Twocents:

Don't get me wrong here,it shure is a nice imperial and if i was living in the U.S.,i bought this car the first time i saw it for sale and it would be my daily driver :yesnod:

But back on topic:
Just pull out the 440 and tranny,sell the rest for the offer you have to the Derbyguys and say goodbye.You have room again to work on your charger(s).Life's too short to have too many projects.Drive them as much as you can.

Good luck with your dessision. :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

bill440rt

I'd hate to see that car fall victim to the derby guys too, looks far too nice to me. Considering the overall condition of it, price is not too off the mark.
Fix up the rust & you could have a psuedo-survivor type car. Looks really clean.  :yesnod:

Seems like you're getting some good suggestions on here, but not the answer you want to hear.  :shruggy:
If you eBay it you have NO idea what the buyer's intentions are. He could love it, cherish it & call it George, or you could see it for one last hurrah at the local county fair. Who knows? But, if that is no concern then post away.
Or, you could store it properly (rather than just park it), and leave it advertised until the right buyer comes along.
Or, like others suggested fix the rust (really does not look all that bad), & cruise it (shows, day trips with family, etc). Classic auto insurance on it per year has to be pennies in comparison to the Daytona.
Put it in the next car corral at the local swap meet, Nats, Carlisle, etc.
Advertise it on the Chrysler barge forums.
There's an ass for every seat, he's out there & will find this car.
Good luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1970Moparmann

I've been looking at that boat for years.  I guess the market for the 4 doors are really small.  Perfect for the large family.... cousins, aunts, uncles, plus have room for the dog and 3 kegs of beer in the trunk.

Did you try and barter on Craigslist or Moparts?   Maybe this will work out for you.

If it was a 2 door C body for $3,500 it would have been sold right away....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

472 R/T SE

Da¿¥it, we've been through this already.  It's a W body, W » whale.