News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So...Should I let the Derby guys have it?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 23, 2013, 04:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Thinking of pulling the 440 and 727 out for myself and selling the body to the derby guys...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,93973.0.html

I just don't have room for it anymore...

Thoughts?

kab69440

If I had the cash, I'd love to give it a new home. I miss my sea-body!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Old Moparz

It wouldn't be a tough call if the car was rough but I say hold out & try other forums or ebay.   :shruggy:

I know how it feels to try to sell something, that for whatever reason, nobody seems to seriously want it. It took a while to sell my '71 Barracuda & a few people had no trouble lowballing me with an insulting offer of less than half. I eventually sold it for close to my asking price but I will admit a '71 Barracuda is an easier sell than a 4 door boat. (No offense, I like your car.) Years ago I pulled a 440 drive train from a '73 New Yorker, scrapped the rest & never lost sleep over it.

Have you tried ebay or craigslist yet? It's a wider audience of potential buyers.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

areibel

Are you on the Mopar Mailing List (email list?)  There was just a post on there today for someone looking for a late 60's- early 70's barge.  I can forward you the contact info if you need it.

Daytona R/T SE

It's on the Imperial Club website, Moparts, C body dry dock, and here.

I've had 3000+ views on the DC.com ad.

Not one person has asked to come over and look at it.

LOTS of stupid, lowball e-mail offers from engine snatchers and Demo idiots trying to disguise their

intentions.

Now, If I get my money and it winds up stacks-a-blazin' at the county fair, I don't have any control

over that.

It would suck...but whadya gonna do  :shruggy:

This latest guy keeps making the same offer.

Pretty decent offer $$$-wise, actually...

Says he does NOT want the engine/tranny...

He has his "own" ready to "drop in"...

Says I should just keep the engine/tranny and sell him the body...

I really don't need another 440/727 to stumble over in the garage...

And I suspect he's a Demo idiot...

But if I get paid... :shruggy:

'Course I haven't seen any money, and I'm not about to dig out the engine crane until I do...

:scratchchin: :brickwall:

Brads70

Cool car, I like it. Love the styling of the front bumper! I've got the same problem.... no room :brickwall:
In your other post with all the pictures... there is no way to comment/post a reply? I know someone could PM you about it if they were really interested but maybe that has something to do with the lack of responces? :shruggy:

Old Moparz

Of the 3000 views it got, I think 5 or 6 of them were mine. I've gone back to see it more than once because you bump it & I like living rooms with wheels.  :D

Another 2900 views were probably Stuart & the rest were other members.  :smilielol:

Seriously though, you picked a tough time to sell a car that isn't a 99 point Hemi car. The mileage may scare some buyers off & there are others who hate 4 doors. There can't be too many available but have you watched any on ebay to see what they list & allegedly sell for? I do that sometimes to see how to price something before I list it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Brads70 on March 23, 2013, 05:43:14 PM
Cool car, I like it. Love the styling of the front bumper! I've got the same problem.... no room :brickwall:
In your other post with all the pictures... there is no way to comment/post a reply? I know someone could PM you about it if they were really interested but maybe that has something to do with the lack of responces? :shruggy:

The classifieds ads on DC.com are not a discussion forum. :Twocents:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 23, 2013, 05:52:28 PM
Of the 3000 views it got, I think 5 or 6 of them were mine. I've gone back to see it more than once because you bump it & I like living rooms with wheels.  :D

Another 2900 views were probably Stuart & the rest were other members.  :smilielol:

Seriously though, you picked a tough time to sell a car that isn't a 99 point Hemi car. The mileage may scare some buyers off & there are others who hate 4 doors. There can't be too many available but have you watched any on ebay to see what they list & allegedly sell for? I do that sometimes to see how to price something before I list it.

Yes, I've been watching prices and I'm about where I should be...

Four doors are always a tough sell, but the mere fact that this car still exists has got to be some sort of a minor miracle...

Indygenerallee

I looked at the ad a while back, for what needs done (lower quarter work) I think it's a touch high, I can buy a 69 Chrysler New Yorker with a 440 runs and drives great perfect body, white paint with like new black interior, guy had a new vinyl top put on. for $2500.00  :Twocents:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 23, 2013, 06:42:53 PM
I looked at the ad a while back, for what needs done (lower quarter work) I think it's a touch high, I can buy a 69 Chrysler New Yorker with a 440 runs and drives great perfect body, white paint with like new black interior, guy had a new vinyl top put on. for $2500.00  :Twocents:

Apples to oranges :Twocents:

Indygenerallee

They are both C bodies! Hows that apples to oranges!? And don't say "Oh this is a Imperial" If it were that special it would have been sold a long time ago!  :Twocents:  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on March 23, 2013, 04:55:42 PM
have you tryed the C body forum , those guys love em

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/
go advertise it here , thats how i found my c body console parts

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 23, 2013, 08:10:20 PM
They are both C bodies! Hows that apples to oranges!? And don't say "Oh this is a Imperial" If it were that special it would have been sold a long time ago!  :Twocents:  :lol:

Actually, The Imperial is a "Y" body. ::)  ;)

moparguy01

I wish I had cash, if I did it would be at my place now. I'd hate to see it get smashed up, since it sure looks like a nice car. But I do understand your thoughts too.

Personally I'd hold out. but that's me.

Indygenerallee

1967 - 1975 Imperials were C-bodies. Frames are identical to New Yorkers.  ;)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparguy01 on March 23, 2013, 08:26:56 PM
I wish I had cash, if I did it would be at my place now. I'd hate to see it get smashed up, since it sure looks like a nice car. But I do understand your thoughts too.

Personally I'd hold out. but that's me.

I wish I had more garage space.

I like the car and would like to keep it.

While not very desireable, these are unusual cars nowadays.

But I can't see blowing $30,000 on another garage to keep a $3,500 car in.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 23, 2013, 08:34:26 PM
1967 - 1975 Imperials were C-bodies. Frames are identical to New Yorkers.  ;)

Wrong.

Even the wheelbases are different. :Twocents:

472 R/T SE

If you stick it on ebay & host the pictures on (edit)photobucket, the most it can cost is $5 or so.
ebay reaches the most people worldwide than any other avenue.  

I can set your auction up for you if you'd like.  Always best to start them during the weekend so any interested parties will be at home @ the end.  

lmk.

Indygenerallee

Wrong they are the same, go over and ask several guys on C-bodies only. The Y is a VIN code definition only since the Imperial was sold as a brand by itself, other than that the whole underpinnings are the same, but believe what ya want.  :lol: ;)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 23, 2013, 08:50:22 PMthe whole underpinnings are the same,   :lol: ;)

Nope.

Bust out the wrenches and observe for yourself.

Try to swap any of the front end components from a 71-73 Imperial to the same year New Yorker,

Newport, Fury, Monaco, etc...

Won't work.

Brake drums, axles, wheels, idler arm, all different and will not interchange.

The Imperial wheel base is 3 inches longer than a "C" Body...

But, according to you..."The Whole underpinnings are the same" :shruggy:

Are you that guy that's still pissed off at me because I wouldn't sell it to you for $300  "CASH"?

:scratchchin::nana: :rofl:

stripedelete

It's a beautiful car.  It brings back a million memories for me.  One of which is that 137,000 was a super high miler in 1972.

If you have less than $1500 in it, drive it until it disintegrates or breaks.   Even with gas pushing $4/gallon it would be cheap transportation at that price point.  

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: stripedelete on March 23, 2013, 09:13:26 PM
 One of which is that 137,000 was a super high miler in 1972.

Works out to about 3300 miles a year at this point. ;)