News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will a challenger hood fit on my 72 charger???

Started by joe dirt, March 20, 2013, 07:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe dirt

hey dudes just a question... I have been wanting to bolt a challenger hood with the double vents. onto my 72 charger. does anyone know if this could work? has anyone done this before? maybe a cut and trim could make this work? are they not as wide?
*THE ORIGINAL JOE DIRT*

kab69440

You will have to graft the bulged portion of the E-body hood skin onto the Charger's hood skin.  Your end result will look something like this...

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Daytona R/T SE

Sure...

Bolts right up...

No problem...

Dude.

polywideblock

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 20, 2013, 10:57:00 PM
Sure...

Bolts right up...

No problem...

Dude.

are you being sarcastic or serious that looks "bitchen"   

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

It'd be great if it actually bolts right up with no mods.  Should have been a factory option.  If it does, that means the shaker and the TA hood will as well :scratchchin:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: polywideblock on March 21, 2013, 12:33:42 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 20, 2013, 10:57:00 PM
Sure...

Bolts right up...

No problem...

Dude.

are you being sarcastic or serious that looks "bitchen"   

I'm being sarcastic.

It was a lot of work.

JB400

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  A guy can dream, while others can make it a reality :2thumbs:  Looks good

TwistedShifter

The hood concept does look pretty bad ass. I'd order one.
1973 Dodge Charger SE