News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How about a remake of Christine

Started by Ghoste, September 20, 2012, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I'm certain we've talked of this before but since Hollywood is out of ideas, this is one they could do with modern effects and it might even be a great redo?

GOTWING

that would be cool ! i would like to see "THE CAR" from 1977 with James Brolin redone!

Indygenerallee

Im sorry but there is no reason to remake Christine. That movie is just too good to screw up it's lineage with a remake!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Cooter

The Club has been in discussion with Richard Kobrits, and there are NO PLANS to remake "Christine".

However, there's been some talk about everybody getting Rob Zombie to do it if done at all. i believe part of the GOOD in Christine was the fact that Carpenter left the Gory details to your emagination and THAT is the scariest place to be.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

tan top

thought i heard they was making Christine 2 in the late eightys early 90s :shruggy:   :shruggy:
 not come out yet  :lol:  ::)  , so must of been me getting confused with something else , normally happens  :slap:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ODZKing

There was a Twilight Zone episode called "You Drive" from the last season that had a black 56 Ford that was possessed after a guy hit and run a kid.  IT ended up taking HIM to the police station ... that would be cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Drive

XS29LA47V21

Only if it has a really nice looking blue 68.... :2thumbs: :drool5:

1BAD68

Quote from: Cooter on September 20, 2012, 11:07:35 AM
The Club has been in discussion with Richard Kobrits, and there are NO PLANS to remake "Christine".

However, there's been some talk about everybody getting Rob Zombie to do it if done at all. i believe part of the GOOD in Christine was the fact that Carpenter left the Gory details to your emagination and THAT is the scariest place to be.

I agree, don't mess with such a legendary movie and especially don't let Rob Zombie ruin it with a bunch of blood and guts and filthy language.

Old Moparz

I heard it was going to be a very low budget remake due to the economy. The old Furys are more than what the budget allows so they're modifying newer cars with low cost kits. Even the special effects looked cheesy to me in the trailer.   :popcrn:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

JB400

Can't anybody come up with some decent car movies without screwing up an old flick.  Preferably one that doesn't involve destroying a bunch of our cars.  Our cars can still be the hero cars though. They need to put more good looking girls in there as well. One hot chick in a car movie is not enough. :2thumbs:

Mike DC

Making a new car-movie that pleases classic car guys is like trying to make a modern retro musclecar that pleases us.  

We aren't happy unless they do a product that doesn't appeal to anyone else, which would be a big money loser for them.  We have overly rosy recollections of the quality of the original stuff.  We expect a modern product that delivers in every possible way without compromising anything to do it.  It's impossible.  

Look at the "Fast & Furious" movies.  They glorify a Charger above all else and we still bash them for it.  They wreck some of them, but they also tear up a few copies of almost every car they put onscreen in one way or another.  The Chargers aren't exactly being singled out.

They use lots of modern cars too.  So what?  The movies take place in the 2000s, not 1971.  It's just plain factually inaccurate to pretend modern cars don't exist and that the kids aren't hopping up foreign ones.  Are the movie makers supposed to pretend the last 20 years haven't happened?  They are making movies for a modern audience so they can turn a profit.  Deal.   

Ghoste

Do you think Stephen King movies in general are better left in the era of his fame?

Mike DC

I think the majority of his books make better books than movies.  The good movies seem to be exceptions.  I think it's just the nature of the two different mediums and the strengths/weaknesses of King's writing.  

As for the era . . . I dunno.  I think his books definitely do lose something when they leave the era he was writing them in.  But that's true with most art.  And that principle doesn't stop me from wanting to see certain classic things remade well.

IMHO some things can be updated better than others.  The core story of "Christine" seems fairly adaptable to modern times, albeit with some changes.  For example the car should certainly not be a '58 Plymouth this time.  IMHO a big older truck/SUV makes a lot more sense now.  Are kids supposed to be terrified of a car that's 1500-2000lbs smaller than the trucks many of them drove to the theater in? 

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 20, 2012, 08:06:51 PM
I think the majority of his books make better books than movies.  The good movies seem to be exceptions.  I think it's just the nature of the two different mediums and the strengths/weaknesses of King's writing.  

As for the era . . . I dunno.  I think his books definitely do lose something when they leave the era he was writing them in.  But that's true with most art.  And that principle doesn't stop me from wanting to see certain classic things remade well.

IMHO some things can be updated better than others.  The core story of "Christine" seems fairly adaptable to modern times, albeit with some changes.  For example the car should certainly not be a '58 Plymouth this time.  IMHO a big older truck/SUV makes a lot more sense now.  Are kids supposed to be terrified of a car that's 1500-2000lbs smaller than the trucks many of them drove to the theater in?  

Totally.   Only a few of King's books have made great movies.   The ones which come to mind are The Shining, Shawshank Redemption, Misery, and The Green Mile.   I think the original Running Man would have made a 100x better movie than the Schwarzenegger abortion they twisted it into.    That said, he has always been about intricate detail and carefully painting a picture of his characters slowly over 600 pages, and demonstrating what ordinary people would do in extraordinary circumstance.  It's hard to pack that into a 90 minute movie unless the story just fits.    Supposedly the Dark Tower stuff is in pre-production for a miniseries, and I'm pumped but skeptical too.  I hope they don't 'ruin' it.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70